+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jarvis Jones reminds me of Lawrence Taylor hope we get him

When I watch his game tape,he plays ferocious and violent.He has a neck for getting the ball and making a difference making play.He had the most sacks the past 2 years in the nation.He is the best player who is falling I ever seen.He will be a difference maker.

He reminds me of James Harrison. To be honest LT was a lot better athlete and talent than Jarvis IMO.

where would he play in our system? Not a DE obviously....Passrusher on 3rd downs, but can he play LB otherwise?

There is nobody seriously in college football that could change a game like Jones.To me the definition of a difference maker is someone who can steal a game by himself.He did that was countless teams.He beat Florida and Missouri by himself.His injury issues/ spinal thing,is gona make him fall.But I seriously believe he may be the best player in this draft,when all is said and done.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    where would he play in our system? Not a DE obviously....Passrusher on 3rd downs, but can he play LB otherwise?
    Sam LB.. Mayock called Jones the best 4-3 OLB in this draft class

that 4.9 40 stings...

Jones is nothing, NOTHING like LT. Von miller is the only player in the past 10-15 years that resembled him at all, and Miller does not have that mean streak where he wants to knock everyone he hits out of games like LT did.

Quote Originally Posted by experto View Post
    There is nobody seriously in college football that could change a game like Jones.To me the definition of a difference maker is someone who can steal a game by himself.He did that was countless teams.He beat Florida and Missouri by himself.His injury issues/ spinal thing,is gona make him fall.But I seriously believe he may be the best player in this draft,when all is said and done.
    Totally agree here..........If history has shown us anything,......With the Sintim and Kiwi experiments, is that Reese is looking for a SAM that can rush the passer as our "joker"......................The fact that we were in attendance for the Ogletree pro day and have been linked to Teo is all the proof I need to see Jarvis Jones is our target if the BPA at # 19 is a LB'er............

if jarvis jones there, doubt we could pass him. he'd be a guaranteed clint sintim project with twice the talent. he's been one of my top wishes but i doubt he comes near us.
    Mingo is similar in terms of both display that first step, amazing explosive burst. jones did more after that first step in college than mingo, but thats bc Mingo was used incorrectly imo.

if its defensive, my wish list would be Jones (he could rush the passer from a DE spot, he'd have to align like Osi tho), Mingo, really I struggle to name anyone after those 2 bc no one has an aspect that jumps out like the first step/explosion of mingo/jones...

and offensively, it'd be Warmack, Cooper, L.Johnson...

outside of those guys, I'd trade back. Maybe I could add ansah, but I am unlike a lot of people here and actually see a DT at the NFL level with how he plays, and hes undersized to be an everydown DT imo...