+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infinite420 View Post
    Totally agree here..........If history has shown us anything,......With the Sintim and Kiwi experiments, is that Reese is looking for a SAM that can rush the passer as our "joker"......................The fact that we were in attendance for the Ogletree pro day and have been linked to Teo is all the proof I need to see Jarvis Jones is our target if the BPA at # 19 is a LB'er............
    Difference is, kiwi/sintim were went to be passrushers & failed as 4-3 LB's (sintim couldn't do neither).....We need a actually 4-3 LB that has some upside as a possible passrusher, instead of a passrusher that we pray can play LB...

Veteran
    From what I see he isn't that great against the run

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    if jarvis jones there, doubt we could pass him. he'd be a guaranteed clint sintim project with twice the talent. he's been one of my top wishes but i doubt he comes near us.
    Mingo is similar in terms of both display that first step, amazing explosive burst. jones did more after that first step in college than mingo, but thats bc Mingo was used incorrectly imo.

if its defensive, my wish list would be Jones (he could rush the passer from a DE spot, he'd have to align like Osi tho), Mingo, really I struggle to name anyone after those 2 bc no one has an aspect that jumps out like the first step/explosion of mingo/jones...

and offensively, it'd be Warmack, Cooper, L.Johnson...

outside of those guys, I'd trade back. Maybe I could add ansah, but I am unlike a lot of people here and actually see a DT at the NFL level with how he plays, and hes undersized to be an everydown DT imo...
    I like Jones and I doubt he falls to 19...unless his back /neck is scaring teams off him...and if that's the case Idk do you take a guy that might not last long in the league because of it ....

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Jones is nothing, NOTHING like LT. Von miller is the only player in the past 10-15 years that resembled him at all, and Miller does not have that mean streak where he wants to knock everyone he hits out of games like LT did.
    I dont think Miller even comes close to LT overall, as LT was bigger and stronger, and more a physical freak then even Von Miller was/is, and as u said, the violinet mean streak LT had to go with that Athletic ability, strength, speed, and instincts was simply unmatched to any in resemblence.. Even Von Miller will never be as dominant as easily as LT.. LT not only dominated, he did it high or hung over most of the time, and rarley was at full strength becase of it.. I don't think we'll ever see a guy like LT even in resemblence...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I dont think Miller even comes close to LT overall, as LT was bigger and stronger, and more a physical freak then even Von Miller was/is, and as u said, the violinet mean streak LT had to go with that Athletic ability, strength, speed, and instincts was simply unmatched to any in resemblence.. Even Von Miller will never be as dominant as easily as LT.. LT not only dominated, he did it high or hung over most of the time, and rarley was at full strength becase of it.. I don't think we'll ever see a guy like LT even in resemblence...
    A lot of that has to do with a change in OL play. LT for a lot of his career was treated as a blitzer. And therefore, was blocked by TEs and backs. Or they would try to slide a guard out to get him while the tackles blocked the DEs.

Seems moronic to do so now, but thats what used to happen. Now the elite OLBs like Miller get an OT in their face when they pass rush.

But either way, LT was at least if not a better athlete than Miller, and seemed to enjoy dishing out pain.

Neither are anything like Jarvis Jones, who is a somewhat average athlete at best. Just not at all an elite type prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    A lot of that has to do with a change in OL play. LT for a lot of his career was treated as a blitzer. And therefore, was blocked by TEs and backs. Or they would try to slide a guard out to get him while the tackles blocked the DEs.

Seems moronic to do so now, but thats what used to happen. Now the elite OLBs like Miller get an OT in their face when they pass rush.

But either way, LT was at least if not a better athlete than Miller, and seemed to enjoy dishing out pain.

Neither are anything like Jarvis Jones, who is a somewhat average athlete at best. Just not at all an elite type prospect.
    This video isn't for u slip, but u might enjoy if u haven't seen em in awhile, but for the others who either never seen him really live or are comparing em to Jarvis Jones, as this will quickly change that...

Look how insane he was even against the pass, his speed was outter worldly, and he just played with a reckless abandoned that with that speed and strength, was like nothing i've ever seen..

Lawrence Taylor Highlights - YouTube

► 4:52 www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfzrMlo94EU
    Nov 14, 2012 - 5 min - Uploaded by sgm3332
    Highlights of NY Giants outside linebacker Lawrence

The only guy to ever come close to LT was Derrick Thomas. If he didn't pass away at an early age, he would have been the all time leading sacker and walk right into the hall of fame.

Veteran
    Clay matthews.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Clay matthews.
    Not the same type of player at all.

Jones comparable to the best defensive player in history?

Good God this place is ridiculous at times.. it shows why fans are fans and would get fired in their first season if hired as a talent evaluator.