+ Reply to Thread

Wink Giants GM likely to focus early picks on defense

Jerry Reese is not happy with the 19th overall pick in the NFL Draft.

“We don’t like picking 19,’’ Reese said. “That is early for us. We hate picking this high.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...0Y0nBb2HM3aCEP

Hey, if you have to pick 19th, nothing wrong with that! If we picked 32nd every year, where would we be!
    Last edited by bigjeep; 04-21-2013 at 06:49 AM.
    Giants fan since '58

Unhappy

What have I done? I feel some "movement" coming shortly!
    Giants fan since '58

All-Pro
    It's early. Anyway, their biggest need is defense. If they stay healthy and just play better the offense should be fine.

They should be going hard defense in this draft. The only high pick on offense thats acceptable is a lineman. 3rd day I wouldnt mind seeing another RB or TE. I think this team could use an in between the tackles physical runner. Brown has never been the most durable guy at some point the 3rd back is going to have to have a 10- 15 carry game. I like Leveon Bell but Im not sure if he will get to the Giants 4th round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    It's early. Anyway, their biggest need is defense. If they stay healthy and just play better the offense should be fine.
    More consistent offense for all the numbers they had last year the vast majority of points were scored in 6 games. They basically averaged 40 points a game for 6 and 17 for 10

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    What have I done? I feel some "movement" coming shortly!
    Better head to the bathroom ASAP

(And you said I didn't have a sense of humor....)

Bench Player
    Hey, if you have to pick 19th, nothing wrong with that! If we picked 32nd every year, where would we be!
    We would be winning the superbowl every year.

The 31st ranked D will need some attention, I have a feeling they may go that direction as well!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Jerry Reese is not happy with the 19th overall pick in the NFL Draft.

“We don’t like picking 19,’’ Reese said. “That is early for us. We hate picking this high.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...0Y0nBb2HM3aCEP

I think he was just expressing his discontent for the 2011 season. Bad teams pick at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    They should be going hard defense in this draft. The only high pick on offense thats acceptable is a lineman. 3rd day I wouldnt mind seeing another RB or TE. I think this team could use an in between the tackles physical runner. Brown has never been the most durable guy at some point the 3rd back is going to have to have a 10- 15 carry game. I like Leveon Bell but Im not sure if he will get to the Giants 4th round pick
    Joseph Randle in the 4th or 5th or Marcus Lattimore would be where i'd be focusing my attention if were to be going RB before the very late rds.. But back to picking defense early, I absoulutley agree and have said that many times. Our defense wasen't good, and needs to keep adding pieces to JPP and Prince to grow with..