+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Inside Football 2013 Giants' Mock Draft: Round 1 ( 19th Overall)

The Inside Football 2013 Giants' Mock Draft: Round 1 ( 19th Overall)

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6007

Excerpt: "With their first pick, the 19th overall, I have the Giants selecting an offensive tackle.

Why an Offensive Tackle?

From the outside looking in, depth at this position would appear to be a real concern. Will Beatty is locked in as the left tackle, but on the other side, David Diehl just agreed to a pay cut, a move that likely means the team envisions him as a versatile backup he’s become – and it should be noted that in accepting the pay cut from over $4M to $1M, no additional years were added onto Diehl’s contract, meaning that come next March, he’ll be an unrestricted free agent.

I’ll talk about James Brewer in a minute, but I first want to point out that Sean Locklear appears to be unlikely to be back given the seriousness of his knee injury. While the Giants have some intriguing young talent on their roster, the bottom line is that I don’t see how they can’t address this position a little sooner in the draft than they have in the past.

I do think it makes sense for them to add a veteran to the mix later in the spring if they can’t come up with a blue chipper in the draft. But I also think that if a quality tackle is sitting there when their turn comes up to draft, history will repeat itself – the last time the Giants drafted an offensive tackle at 19, they landed Luke Petitgout (yes, I know he came out as a guard, but he played tackle for the majority of his career), who provided them with several quality years at left tackle." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

James Brewer hasnt started because he lacks great functional football strength and lacks in his technique. He will never be a quality starter. Another Mitch Petrus minus the muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    James Brewer hasnt started because he lacks great functional football strength and lacks in his technique. He will never be a quality starter. Another Mitch Petrus minus the muscle.
    A good reason to his the Oline early in the draft.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I agree OT would be a good pick in the first but the problem is the best 3 OTs will be gone by 19 and I dont think Fluker is worth 19 overall. therefore, i would rather get better value and take a BPA at DE or LB and the take a OT in the second round like Pugh.

I would be ok with this.. Fluker might not even be there

+ Reply to Thread