+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    But we have solid starters at CB, DT, and DE. We do not have a solid starter at ROT
    Diehl was as good a player as tuck or webster last season

Fluker is going to be a versatile guy (which JR loves), with the ability to play both RT and RG, so that is a definite possibility. I also believe we may trade down if there is a suitor for the 19th pick, and I wouldn't mind scooping up an extra 2 or 3 in the process. I would be very surprised if we go CB at 19 though.... unless a guy like Milliner freefalls to us ala Prince.

and we also know the giants just dont value OL in the 1st round unless they are premiere,which there will be none of at 19.

But we have solid starters at CB, DT, and DE. We do not have a solid starter at ROT
    Well you're talking about positional groups compared to specific positions. You don't need two starting quality RTs (not saying we even have one), but you need more than two starting quality DE/DB/DTs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    Fluker is going to be a versatile guy (which JR loves), with the ability to play both RT and RG, so that is a definite possibility. I also believe we may trade down if there is a suitor for the 19th pick, and I wouldn't mind scooping up an extra 2 or 3 in the process. I would be very surprised if we go CB at 19 though.... unless a guy like Milliner freefalls to us ala Prince.
    fluker is atrocious against the run and has terrible footwork,,we can get a guy like him in the later rounds,dont let the fact that he played for alabama cloud your head.

After this revis trade I feel more confident a Good CB will be there at 19. The two best guards will be gone and after Johnson and Joeckel, I'm not thrilled w any other tackle in the 1st. I hope we get Rhodes

We don't just draft for immediate needs for THIS season. We drafted JPP and spent a year developing him to replace vets and we would do the same here.

We may have vets at DE, but 2 of the 3(kiwi and Tuck) are coming to contract next year in a year where a lot of key players are as well. We cant resign them all and if we try to draft their replacements next year you can put a rebuilding stamp on the team.

All of the same arguments that 1 can make about needing a ROT can be made for defensive end. We have the returning starter from last year, but they were not good players last year and are on the decline.

The 1 point OT has going for it is the front office made it clear that improving the run game is an offseason priority.

I think if a DE is tthere that will be the pick .Tuck and Kiwi are 30 and Tucks deal is done after this season. I cant see them leaving that position with that much uncertainty

As of now prince I'd our only solid cb & jpp our only solid de....typicaly you don't draft a none LT in the top 20

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    fluker is atrocious against the run and has terrible footwork,,we can get a guy like him in the later rounds,dont let the fact that he played for alabama cloud your head.
    there are a few legitimate concerns about fluker's game, but run blocking is definitely NOT one of them.