+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Curious

Just Curious

Are we doing that draft contest and if so are we going to have to submit a mock before hand and stick with it or are we going to be able to pick a player right before our pick so we can have a clue who will still be on the board when we pick at the certain spot?

I think it would be fun and I have never participated in anything like that so I would be down to try it out.

I'm in favor of the live version where you make your prediction each round while the Giants are on the clock. If you do that one, sign me up...I'll participate. I'm actually doing another one somewhere else with a similar style. Makes it more interesting and fun knowing who's still available. More chances to hit on picks also...

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm in favor of the live version where you make your prediction each round while the Giants are on the clock. If you do that one, sign me up...I'll participate. I'm actually doing another one somewhere else with a similar style. Makes it more interesting and fun knowing who's still available. More chances to hit on picks also...
    I'm down too

Yeah I would prefer to do the picks each round. I really do not know how I would set that up but I think it would be a fun thing to do throughout the draft.

Just start a thread on draft day and capitalize it " LIVE MOCK CONTEST" (or whatever you prefer) ....I will be online come draft day and will participate if it's up. Just set up the rules (no picks after so&so will be counted etc etc...) Also you should have a points system...if someone gets the right player it's 10 points....someone gets the wrong player but the right position (LB, OT, G, etc...) they get 5 points.

Add whatever you like.

I like the point system. I would edit the Original post and I could have a scoreboard of the people that are participating or something like that. Do you think that I should make it a rule to submit the pick before the previous teams pick is announced on TV because a lot of the time you can see who the team is going to pick on twitter minutes before it is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I like the point system. I would edit the Original post and I could have a scoreboard of the people that are participating or something like that. Do you think that I should make it a rule to submit the pick before the previous teams pick is announced on TV because a lot of the time you can see who the team is going to pick on twitter minutes before it is announced.
    Yeah, I would say they have to have it in before the actual pick is made but you could use your discretion if you feel people are using twitter. Can't believe people would go that far and take the fun out of it but I guess that could be the case....not much you can do unless you notice a pattern. I pretty much stay away from twitter entirely on draft day cause I like hearing the picks. I guess day 2 and 3 you can tell if people are really cheating or not.

Haha yeah I hate looking on twitter and I get mad if one of my friends goes OMG I cant believe they picked _________ before they announce it. Yeah I guess they can have until right before the pick is announced.

The forum is good for clocking it too because each post has a time. So you just have to keep track of the time when the pick is being announced and what's unacceptable after the pick. Right before the commissioner announces the pick you can also post "NO MORE PICKS ALLOWED"....that may help also.

Good luck.

Thanks man I appreciate, hopefully we can get a decent amount of people to join in. I think it would be interesting to see who can predict some of the later rounds because those can be extremely random ex (J Will, Kuhn) haha

+ Reply to Thread