Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Eli is the guy who has to step it up this season not the wr's

He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion. The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.

Veteran

Re: Eli is the guy who has to step it up this season not the wr's

well thats exactly what my concern is Eli ...I dont think he can hit these targets consistently

But if eli can step it up we should be ok

Veteran

[quote user="EA_Baracus"]

He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion. The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.

[/quote]

Dude, be careful, you can't say stuff like that around here. I completely agree with you, and I will take it one step further and say, if you need a 6'6" tree to catch your errant passes, then you were NOT deserving of all the the draft picks we gave up to get you and you did not deserve to be the number one overall pick of the draft. A first round QB, especially the first pick of the entire draft, should be able to make all throws and make the players around him better.

You guys are so ****ing stupid. If you dont like Eli then find a new team you crying little *****es. The guy won us a mother ****ing super bowl already... then led us to being the #1 team in the NFC the year after that. Not to mention he has never missed the playoffs since he became the full time starter. Some of you cry babies make me sick

[/quote]

Nicks 6' 1"

Burress 6' 4"

3 inches is not that big of a difference especially with Nicks wingspan...

I am not saying Nicks is Burress by any stretch and Im not even a huge Nicks fan but.........

you guys sound like our receivers are 5' 5"

So, receivers getting consistent separation, catching the deep ball, and being open is not a concern.

Adjusting the offense to compensate for the lack of a big time deep threat,and highlight the strengths we have is not a concern.

Eli struggled at the end, yes, but saying that he is only one who has to improve is as myopic as saying only the receivers need to improve.

[quote user="SmuGiant2008"]You guys are so ****ing stupid. If you dont like Eli then find a new team you crying little *****es. The guy won us a mother ****ing super bowl already... then led us to being the #1 team in the NFC the year after that. Not to mention he has never missed the playoffs since he became the full time starter. Some of you cry babies make me sick
    [/quote]

lmfao. i think this is what they were afraid of, speaking their opinion and having some eli fan boy step up and smack them down. damn you fools, how dare you speak your opinion.

[/quote]

our wideouts dropped alot of catchable balls this past season. someone had a link posted in one of the threads and our widouts really screwed eli over, and he still had decent numbers. that being said eli does choke at times, it gets frustrating, but not as frustrating as watching dave brown and kent graham single handedly lose games for us, so i'm still behind eli. he does need to step it up though.

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="EA_Baracus"]

[/quote]

Dude, be careful, you can't say stuff like that around here. I completely agree with you, and I will take it one step further and say, if you need a 6'6" tree to catch your errant passes, then you were NOT deserving of all the the draft picks we gave up to get you and you did not deserve to be the number one overall pick of the draft. A first round QB, especially the first pick of the entire draft, should be able to make all throws and make the players around him better.
    [/quote]

lol, yeah SMU, already smacked him down, lmao. you'd have better luck talking crap on eli to archie or peyton and coming away unscathed than you would around here, lol.

[quote user="SmuGiant2008"]You guys are so ****ing stupid. If you dont like Eli then find a new team you crying little *****es. The guy won us a mother ****ing super bowl already... then led us to being the #1 team in the NFC the year after that. Not to mention he has never missed the playoffs since he became the full time starter. Some of you cry babies make me sick
    [/quote]

Who cares if someone thinks Eli is terrible? Thats what these boards are for to discuss the NY Giants. Why don't you go outside for change and take a rest from these boards. You're getting way too upset over someone's opinion.