Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: Eli is the guy who has to step it up this season not the wr's

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="giantsfan420"]

got his autograph in spring trainin, had front, I MEAN FRONT row seats right next to the mets dugout. got pics wit manuel and joked wit him to put me in at bat. murphies got a live bat.

but yes u did harooni. u did it in ur clever ploy. u said u dont personallyatack, but then u told me u were better than me. i had poor intellect, and was the victaim of bullies...lol

u must a forgot that huh

[/quote]

that was only in defense to your attack, I never seek posters out and say things to persoanlly insult him. saying eli isn;t great is not an attack though im sure hard core eli fans feel it is.

look why cant we be grown up and argue and disagree without the mudslinging.

i have great debates with many who love Eli without the name calling and personal insults.

maybe we are more alike then you think, maybe thats why we argue.

as for murph i got lucky a friend of my fathers got me 2nd row seats in the left field box at the astro's game in houston becuase he knew i was a met fan. i was feet from murph and his glove was pathetic.

but no doubt his bat is awesome and his fielding has improved since last year. maybe with some time he could be an everyday guy like wright.
    [/quote]

i never really argued that u shuoldnt have ur opinion, but can u at least understand as to why i and others take offense to when u say anythin bout eli? i was even mad when u made that post sayin u were sorry and he is a great qb...its just ur persona and u worked hard to get it there. which is another reason why me and u consistently butt heads. murphys glove is not gold glove material, and he already has some basic plays turned error, but its young in the season. the mets will get goin here soon...

i never said he was a bust qb or a great qb, only that i was wrong that the trade was not worth it, because one could argue 1 sb win was worth the trade, even though i did and still think Bigben was the better qb to draft instead of that trade.

this is what i dont get, i get so much heat yet plenty of other posters called him a bust. i guess its becuase i manned up and stuck around. i was wrong that i thought eli could never get us a SB and i admitted it and many would not they would have just switched names.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="EA_Baracus"]

He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion. The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.

[/quote]

Dude, be careful, you can't say stuff like that around here. I completely agree with you, and I will take it one step further and say, if you need a 6'6" tree to catch your errant passes, then you were NOT deserving of all the the draft picks we gave up to get you and you did not deserve to be the number one overall pick of the draft. A first round QB, especially the first pick of the entire draft, should be able to make all throws and make the players around him better.
    [/quote]

Then one could argue that as fans, maybe some of us are not deserving of the Lombardi and watching our team win a SB.

It's ALWAYS a team effort. A team fails when it's core breaks down. Our D line was banged up and missing Osi last season. There is not ONE single player that can be blamed for last season end result. Now Plax did do a good job of messing things up, but we had opportunities we didn't capitalize on and it wasn't all about Eli. Granted, he needs to improve. There is no question. But putting the comps all on Eli is not fair. He's only one guy. Last I saw, he's a pretty acurate QB and he has improved on accuracy, Ints from 07. On paper he doesn't look as good, but you can't negate drops and injuries or the fact that he's already helped us get a ring.

All-Pro

[quote user="Pierce4Pres"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="EA_Baracus"]

He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion. The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.

[/quote]

Dude, be careful, you can't say stuff like that around here. I completely agree with you, and I will take it one step further and say, if you need a 6'6" tree to catch your errant passes, then you were NOT deserving of all the the draft picks we gave up to get you and you did not deserve to be the number one overall pick of the draft. A first round QB, especially the first pick of the entire draft, should be able to make all throws and make the players around him better.
    [/quote]

Then one could argue that as fans, maybe some of us are not deserving of the Lombardi and watching our team win a SB.

It's ALWAYS a team effort. A team fails when it's core breaks down. Our D line was banged up and missing Osi last season. There is not ONE single player that can be blamed for last season end result. Now Plax did do a good job of messing things up, but we had opportunities we didn't capitalize on and it wasn't all about Eli. Granted, he needs to improve. There is no question. But putting the comps all on Eli is not fair. He's only one guy. Last I saw, he's a pretty acurate QB and he has improved on accuracy, Ints from 07. On paper he doesn't look as good, but you can't negate drops and injuries or the fact that he's already helped us get a ring.

[/quote]

You're talking as if he's still a rookie. He's in his prime now.