+ Reply to Thread

Thread: April Moves

April Moves

Round 1 - Vontez Burfict, ILB - Arizona State.... Ray Lewis Junior!! This guy is an absolute freight train running straight for the ball carriers. Kuechly would be a better fit for our team, but he will be way gone by the 20's. I feel teams are nervous that Burfict may be a bit of a "wild card", but if he falls to us in the 20's it is a cant pass.

Round 2 - DJ Fluker, RT - Alabama..... MASSIVE!!! K-Mac is getting old, but lets not forget the amazing career he has put together. Fluker is a beast at RT and was a major reason Trent Richardson was able to get loose. I give Beatty one more season to prove that he can handle the job at LT.

Round3 - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame..... TE is a major issue with the Giants. Dwayne Allen would be a great talent to our offense, but I doubt he will fall to us in the third. With that said Eifert is a guy with great size 6'6" 245. Best of all, the sky is the limit!! He sat behind Rudolph for a season and then stepped in when Rudolph got hurt. Played in a pro style offense and with his size, it would make him an instant red zone threat.

Round 4 - Doug Martin, RB - Boise State..... Love this kid! A build between Ahmad Bradshaw and Ray Rice. Runs north/south and with Bradshaws in ability to stay healthy for an entire season, the Giants need someone to split the carries. Better speed than Bradshaw and is a good receiver out of the backfield. Good pick, considering that Jacobs may not be back next year.

Round 5 - Olivier Vernon, DE - The U..... A lot of people dont know enough about this kid. But, in his sophemore year of 2010 he was a budding star at Miami with 40 tackles, 6 sacks while splitting time with guys like Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo and Marcus Robinson. In 2011, he was suspended for 6 games this year for accepting cash from Nevin Shapiro

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: April Moves

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Round 1 - Vontez Burfict, ILB - Arizona State.... Ray Lewis Junior!! This guy is an absolute freight train running straight for the ball carriers. Kuechly would be a better fit for our team, but he will be way gone by the 20's. I feel teams are nervous that Burfict may be a bit of a "wild card", but if he falls to us in the 20's it is a cant pass.

Round 2 - DJ Fluker, RT - Alabama..... MASSIVE!!! K-Mac is getting old, but lets not forget the amazing career he has put together. Fluker is a beast at RT and was a major reason Trent Richardson was able to get loose. I give Beatty one more season to prove that he can handle the job at LT.

Round*3 - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame..... TE is a major issue with the Giants. Dwayne Allen would be a great talent to our offense, but I doubt he will fall to us in the third. With that said Eifert is a guy with great size 6'6" 245. Best of all, the sky is the limit!! He sat behind Rudolph for a season and then stepped in when Rudolph got hurt. Played in a pro style offense and with his size, it would make him an instant red zone threat.

Round 4 - Doug Martin, RB - Boise State..... Love this kid! A build between Ahmad Bradshaw and Ray Rice. Runs north/south and with Bradshaws in ability to stay healthy for an entire season, the Giants need someone to split the carries. Better speed than Bradshaw and is a good receiver out of the backfield. Good pick, considering that Jacobs may not be back next year.

Round 5 - Olivier Vernon, DE - The U..... A lot of people dont know enough about this kid. But, in his sophemore year of 2010 he was a budding star at Miami with 40 tackles, 6 sacks while splitting time with guys like Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo and Marcus Robinson. In 2011, he was suspended for 6 games this year for accepting cash from Nevin Shapiro

[/quote]
    After Doug Martin's bowl game performance, I seriously doubt that he will be there at the fourth. seriouslyyyy doubt it...I am with you on Burfict, he sucked this year, but IDK if I could pass him up if he is sitting at our pick. I think its crazy you havent addressed CB, TE is not a dire need, no where near as much as CB, but thats why this is your opinion LOL I dont agree with RT but I do believe OL..I think Brewer will be groomed for RT of the future as Petrus is G of the future. Our OL grooms OL's great. My order is BPA BPA BPA BPA BPA JR style LOL

I agree with the Giants / JR philosophy -- best player available when drafting. I would ideally love to see us strengthen 1) LB, 2) OL, 3) Secondary, 4) DL (ALWAYS look to improve the lines). However, I would take the best player available at any position because we could use the depth or improved talent at so many spots.

I would stick with our current RB corp for one more year and hope that more time / little more talent will put our run game back in the top tier.

I'm not comfortable NOT addressing TE, but I'd be willing to go with Ballard / Pascoe (lets see Ballard do it one more year before settling on him) 1 more year. Get rid of Beckum or switch him to WR.

WR - Nicks and Cruz are great. MM will be gone next year, but lets see Barden get more chances. I wouldn't mind a good draft pick here either because if either Nicks or Cruz gets injured next year, we could be in trouble.

DL - JPP, Tuck, Canty, Austin, Kiwi, Tollefson. Get one more person on the DL (after Bernard is gone) and trade Osi to free up cap space. I would move Kiwi up from LB and leave on the DL once and for all. Draft / sign FA to address LB.

[quote user="JJC7301"]I agree with the Giants / JR philosophy -- best player available when drafting. I would ideally love to see us strengthen 1) LB, 2) OL, 3) Secondary, 4) DL (ALWAYS look to improve the lines). However, I would take the best player available at any position because we could use the depth or improved talent at so many spots. I would stick with our current RB corp for one more year and hope that more time / little more talent will put our run game back in the top tier. I'm not comfortable NOT addressing TE, but I'd be willing to go with Ballard / Pascoe (lets see Ballard do it one more year before settling on him) 1 more year. Get rid of Beckum or switch him to WR. WR - Nicks and Cruz are great. MM will be gone next year, but lets see Barden get more chances. I wouldn't mind a good draft pick here either because if either Nicks or Cruz gets injured next year, we could be in trouble. DL - JPP, Tuck, Canty, Austin, Kiwi, Tollefson. Get one more person on the DL (after Bernard is gone) and trade Osi to free up cap space. I would move Kiwi up from LB and leave on the DL once and for all. Draft / sign FA to address LB.[/quote]

RB needs to addressed and quick.... Jacobs is all but useless now and Bradshaw cannot carry the load.

TE is another issue that needs to be addressed in the draft or FA.

Barden is gone.. he has shown sqwat!. Jernigan is very raw and needs more coaching. I also like Travis Benjamin out of Miami. Blazing speed and a fantastic return man.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Veteran

I'm hearing a lot about drafting a RT but isn't that why we took Brewer last year? I think its more likely we make a late pick for depth.

CB may be our 2nd or 3rd pick.

All-Pro

I see a lot suggesting CB, but with T2 back and Prince getting some more experience and Webster I would say that it not the biggest position of need, LB is. With many, including myself assuming that Osi will likely be gone, Kiwanuka may be need more at DE than in previous years, making the LB position even more of a problem. Would love to see them get Kuechly in the first round, but I think Burfict may be more realistic. In the second I wouldn't mind seeing an OLB like Zach Brown from NC or possibly more realistically Bruce Irvin from WV who has good size and speed.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

[quote user="Seducer"]

I'm hearing a lot about drafting a RT but isn't that why we took Brewer last year?* I think its more likely we make a late pick for depth.*

CB may be our 2nd or 3rd pick.

[/quote]

We'll take a DE or CB with our first pick, bank on it, obviousley if the player is available. Next to a franchise QB, those two positions are the most valuable to any team/coach. If we take a DE Osi is all but gone. If we take a CB, no one leaves. Ross isn't going anywhere yet.

imo.