+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    the giants FO knows more and is smarter than any of us when it comes to these decisions. if they like him and take him in what ever round who are we to complain or question their decision??

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Its not that surprising.. U people need to get over the dead girlfriend hoax.. It was news , and now its not.. Many forget about Rey Lewis being in a murder investigation, as its almost as it never happened.. THis will blow over, and pretty much has all ready, and if not, it'll be completely forgotten in a yr or so..

I would not be shocked if we took em, i just woulden't be...
    Teo double dipped ... he invented his girlfriend and then killed her off.

Ray Lewis only killed someone off.

Besides, who would you rather have as a LBer ... the guy who got indicted on murder charges, or the guy who got conned by a tranny Polly Pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    the giants FO knows more and is smarter than any of us when it comes to these decisions. if they like him and take him in what ever round who are we to complain or question their decision??
    The customers.

So........what's they point of the MB?

You seem to be saying that since the FO has more knowledge than we do, we should walk in lock step, salute and never question any decision they make.

You can take that posture if you want, but the rest of us live in America.
    Get well soon 80.

I would not want teo as a first round pick but if he slipped into round 2 and started slipping a little bit I wouldn't be against trading up to get him. But that plan would be null and void IF we took Olgetree in round 1. I think we are going after Chance Womack but a lot of mocks now have him going earlier and earlier. The only other surprise would be if S Kenny Vaccaro drops like Prince did and we took him at 19.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I think Eli Hoff means we can feel however we want and say whatever we want about players, but it falls on deaf ears. Only the FO and their opinions matter. As for the Teo call, I'm not sold at 19 but if JR pulls the trigger I will be ok with it
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-22-2013 at 04:31 PM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Teo double dipped ... he invented his girlfriend and then killed her off.

Ray Lewis only killed someone off.

Besides, who would you rather have as a LBer ... the guy who got indicted on murder charges, or the guy who got conned by a tranny Polly Pockets?
    LOL.. As great a post as this is, and it is really funny, my point is only that people are worried about the media here and all that, but in reality, this is not gonna be a story at all before u know it, and i used Rey's story just to show u how things don't hang around for to long, and are forgotten. I was telling people about the Rey Lewis story just this yr, as they had no idea...

Again, i would not be surprised to here Te'o's name called by us if hes on the board at 19.. Hes one of the people i could see Reese taking, because I truly feel Reese wants to improve the LB core this yr...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    LOL.. As great a post as this is, and it is really funny, my point is only that people are worried about the media here and all that, but in reality, this is not gonna be a story at all before u know it, and i used Rey's story just to show u how things don't hang around for to long, and are forgotten. I was telling people about the Rey Lewis story just this yr, as they had no idea...

Again, i would not be surprised to here Te'o's name called by us if hes on the board at 19.. Hes one of the people i could see Reese taking, because I truly feel Reese wants to improve the LB core this yr...
    I dont agree. I think this story sticks with him. I say that because this story litterally WAS what created the hype of him. Most of the nation saw the ESPN special on him and his *girlfrend*. He repeatedly lied to gain fame, there is no way around. People joke about him being conned and stuff but if you go back and watch that piece you will see him look at the camera and tell lies to everyone out there about this girl.

Te'o lied to you, he lied to me, he lied to ESPN in that piece. It goes way beyond lieing about a fake girlfriend. He used that story to gain national fame and compounded the lies to do it. Do I care, or was it a serious offense? No. But people tend to remember when the offense, even as small as a lie, is made TO them. .

On the other hand Ray Lewis may have been involved in a murder. We dont know. But did he murder you? Or your kin? Or anyone you know? As messed up as it is, people will forgive others for crimes to others.

Again, I am not comparing the crimes, they aren't comparable at all. But it is a odd trait of humanity to hate those who offend them, but forgot those who offend others they don't know.

If he goes on to have a great NFL career, people will forgive him. But, I think he will forever be known for this 1st.

This story aside, I do not thin Te'o is worthy of the 1st round pick. I think he is a 2 down player in the NFL.

I don't understand how you can justify drafting a guy like Ogletree in the 1st with his off the field problems and his poor performances at times yet not draft Te'o because of the girlfriend hoax and a bad showing in the title game. Maybe its just me, but a dui is a bigger issue then having a fake girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    I don't understand how you can justify drafting a guy like Ogletree in the 1st with his off the field problems and his poor performances at times yet not draft Te'o because of the girlfriend hoax and a bad showing in the title game. Maybe its just me, but a dui is a bigger issue then having a fake girlfriend.
    again, the fake girlfriend is NOT the problem.Those who are saying his "character issue" was getting hoaxed are missing the point completely. It is the use of her, and continuously lieing about the relationship with her on a nationaly televised TV special just to gain fame. Then completely avoiding the responsibility of manning up to it.

He had a ESPN special done specificly to tell the story of this girl. On it he told lies to you, to me, and to everyone about the nature of their relationship. He spent an entire football season garnering attention for this story. So much so that he became the MOST decorated defensive football player of all time. Thats right, he won more accolades than any strictly defensive player ever.He was a fgood player, but c'mon. The most decorated ever? He won those awards because he was a media darling and he was a media darling because, in large part, of the sob story he told on ESPN.
    This kid got duped and I could care less about that. But this kid is a bold face liar who will do anything to make himself known. That is a problem to me. I have not met him and perhaps he is sufficiently apologetic and remorseful to the various GMs around the league for them to believe in him now. But I haven't seen him apologize to the public so I am gonna go on what I have seen, which is a guy who went on national TV and made me feel for him with a story he told that turned out to be full of lies and self promotion.

As I said, I also don't think he is worth the 19th pick. If we picked him I would be disappointed, but he would be a Giant so I would route for him. Still, when I see him play I see a guy who comes off the field in a nickel package. I do not think you spend a 19th pick on a guy who plays only ~40-50% of the defensive snaps.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-23-2013 at 07:08 AM.

I try and give the benefit of the doubt to people but I understand what you are saying. This is my take on all of this, I think he was duped and the story got so big so fast by the hype machine of ND and ESPN. I don't think he was behind the scam but I do think he knew about it sooner then what was told. I think he kept it going because he was embarrassed that he got scammed in the first place. A captain of a high profile football team who could have any girl anywhere falls for a girl on the internet that he never met in person. I can understand trying to keep that under wraps but I don't think he did it for fame, he was a star before all of this anyway. Also, I think at times people may forget that these are just kids, I did a lot of dumb **** when I was in my 20.

As for Ogletree and his off the field issues, I will admit that I am less forgiving when it comes to a DUI. DUI has touched me personally, unfortunately DUI's are common in the military and I have seen the aftermath to many times. Again not a knock on Ogletree, he is a kid still and still growing up. But when I hear DUI, it makes my blood boil.

Now, talking skill and the value at 19 I agree Te'o may not be the best value but I wouldn't hate the pick either depending on who is on the board. I would rather grab a CB, OL, DL and address the MLB in later rounds. On thing I would say about your assessment on his cover skills, I think they are better then what you are giving him credit for. He did have 7 picks this year and not all were luck.