+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Aikman had Irvin. Montana and Young had Rice, Marino had the Marks brothers, Peyton had Harrison and Wayne. Brady with Moss was incomparable to Brady without. Great QBs usually play with great WRs.
    Brady hasn't had much at all through his career.
    And neither Duper or Clayton were that good at all. Clayton went to GB and disappeared.
    And I think we saw what Peyton can do with any group of WR's this year with two, second year guys in Denver.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No...Of course not.
    The best WR's on other teams are good because of their individual ability. All Giants WR's suck without Eli and would be out of the league if they left the warmth of his embrace.
    I'm still trying to wrap my logic around this
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my logic around this
    Logic???

You're looking for the wrong thing.

Brady hasn't had much at all through his career.
    And neither Duper or Clayton were that good at all. Clayton went to GB and disappeared.
    And I think we saw what Peyton can do with any group of WR's this year with two, second year guys in Denver.
    I said Brady WITH MOSS was incomparable to Brady without, meaning when he did get the rare opportunity to have a stellar WR he put up all time great numbers way above what he did with his usual mediocre WR core. Marino wasn't that great in his last years with the mediocre WR talent Miami had. Duper and Clayton were good, but I agree they weren't great. Peyton has never played with really bad WRs and last year was no exception. Darius Thomas is not Harrison, but he's no slouch.

I just think its an awful argument to say let's see what a QB does if you take away his best receiver. 10 time out 10 his production will go down.

I said Brady WITH MOSS was incomparable to Brady without, meaning when he did get the rare opportunity to have a stellar WR he put up all time great numbers way above what he did with his usual mediocre WR core. Marino wasn't that great in his last years with the mediocre WR talent Miami had. Duper and Clayton were good, but I agree they weren't great. Peyton has never played with really bad WRs and last year was no exception. Darius Thomas is not Harrison, but he's no slouch.

I just think its an awful argument to say let's see what a QB does if you take away his best receiver. 10 time out 10 his production will go down.
    Brady has had nothing but awesome seasons since Moss left.
    His average for those 3 years:

4694 yards 36 TD's 8 Int's.

Yeah.....He's struggled!

Logic???

You're looking for the wrong thing.
    Easy for you to say
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Brady has had nothing but awesome seasons since Moss left.
    His average for those 3 years:

4694 yards 36 TD's 8 Int's.

Yeah.....He's struggled!
    Your missing the point. He hasn't struggled, but without a doubt he was better with a great WR than he ever was or will be with mediocre WRs.

Your missing the point. He hasn't struggled, but without a doubt he was better with a great WR than he ever was or will be with mediocre WRs.
    I think Eli, Nicks, and Cruz could prove to be a very dynamic trio.

Your original point was that "Aikman had Irvin, Montana had Rice etc.....
    Then you said that great QB's "usually" have great WR's. Well Tom Brady is clearly an exception. Because he had Randy Moss for a tad over 2 seasons.
    And while he had the one spectacular season, if you look at his other full season with Randy Moss (2009) it was far less productive than any of the 3 seasons he's had since.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Eli, Nicks, and Cruz could prove to be a very dynamic trio.
    If Randle/Murphy comes through at the 3WR spot this could be our best year yet. Eli, Cruz, and Nicks are givens. If healthy, I know what they will do- money in the bank, but it's that 3rd receiving option that makes us lethal on offense; and if we can run just average, we will be a force.