+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 108

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    The genius of TC

    Will be clear this year. The way he groomed Wilson (that drove so many on this board crazy) will pay off in spades. I'm guessing Wilson was a ****y VT player (VT is the new Miami) and he needed to be knocked down to earth a bit...to learn the "Giant way." I'm betting he will explode on the scene this year and that our RB tandem will be kick ***!!Go Giants!

  2. #2
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,448
    Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Will be clear this year. The way he groomed Wilson (that drove so many on this board crazy) will pay off in spades. I'm guessing Wilson was a ****y VT player (VT is the new Miami) and he needed to be knocked down to earth a bit...to learn the "Giant way." I'm betting he will explode on the scene this year and that our RB tandem will be kick ***!!Go Giants!
    At VT, all he had to do was "run" and he excelled. The NFL is not as one dimensional and we watched Wilson flounder some at blocking and pre-snap reads. Not all that surprising. While many here mourned his "benching" it is all the more amazing that he set the record for all purpose yards in a single game. He will be better prepared this season and, I hope, will share the load with Brown.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    At VT, all he had to do was "run" and he excelled. The NFL is not as one dimensional and we watched Wilson flounder some at blocking and pre-snap reads. Not all that surprising. While many here mourned his "benching" it is all the more amazing that he set the record for all purpose yards in a single game. He will be better prepared this season and, I hope, will share the load with Brown.
    He just needs to block lower! He fell on his butt that time because he was too high, plain and simple. Look at bradshaw, he practically goes so low it looks like hes attacking your ankles lol

    And further to the OP, what about Tom's loyalty to Diehl? I know, I know, that beaten horse is now dust from the skeletal remains. But still, is the durability really that valuable??? I dont see any genius there, just bad luck that Locklear had that horrific, possibly career ending injury
    Last edited by BigBlue wins; 04-23-2013 at 09:55 PM.

  4. #4
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,871
    Funny you say that, seeing as Michael Barrow, Jeremy Shockey, Kenny Phillips, and Antrelle Rolle all played well for the Giants w/o getting "knocked down to earth" as you put it.

    BTW V-tech is nothing like the U.

  5. #5
    Not so sure about TC's genius. He over-reacts to young player mistakes and rides veterans too long. Bradshaw was Giants premier RB last year and now no teams want him. Makes you wonder

  6. #6
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,491
    Quote Originally Posted by uther99 View Post
    Not so sure about TC's genius. He over-reacts to young player mistakes and rides veterans too long. Bradshaw was Giants premier RB last year and now no teams want him. Makes you wonder
    That he can't pass a physical because he had surgery (again) this offseason?

    Wilson's "mistakes" might lead to our franchise QB getting injured. TC was in his right to sit him until he believed that Wilson could handle the pass pro duties. If Wilson not getting carries was the result of the fumble, then there would be no way that TC would have let him return kicks.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    That he can't pass a physical because he had surgery (again) this offseason?

    Wilson's "mistakes" might lead to our franchise QB getting injured. TC was in his right to sit him until he believed that Wilson could handle the pass pro duties. If Wilson not getting carries was the result of the fumble, then there would be no way that TC would have let him return kicks.
    After Wilson's first fumble, he sat a long time. I disagree with the OP that the handling of Wilson was some divine strategy. It's just Tc being TC

  8. #8
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,448
    Quote Originally Posted by uther99 View Post
    After Wilson's first fumble, he sat a long time. I disagree with the OP that the handling of Wilson was some divine strategy. It's just Tc being TC
    He didn't "sit" a long time. He was returning kicks all along.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #9
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,491
    Quote Originally Posted by uther99 View Post
    After Wilson's first fumble, he sat a long time. I disagree with the OP that the handling of Wilson was some divine strategy. It's just Tc being TC
    If TC benched him because of fumbling, then he wouldn't have been returning kicks.

  10. #10
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    That he can't pass a physical because he had surgery (again) this offseason?

    Wilson's "mistakes" might lead to our franchise QB getting injured. TC was in his right to sit him until he believed that Wilson could handle the pass pro duties. If Wilson not getting carries was the result of the fumble, then there would be no way that TC would have let him return kicks.
    You're right about this one. You need only look at what happened to Steve Young when the rookie Lawrence Phillips missed his assignment- it was "turn your head away" nasty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts