+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The genius of TC

Quote Originally Posted by uther99 View Post
    Not so sure about TC's genius. He over-reacts to young player mistakes and rides veterans too long. Bradshaw was Giants premier RB last year and now no teams want him. Makes you wonder
    TC doesn't decide when players are released.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

After Wilson's first fumble, he sat a long time. I disagree with the OP that the handling of Wilson was some divine strategy. It's just Tc being TC
    He didn't "sit" a long time. He was returning kicks all along.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Will be clear this year. The way he groomed Wilson (that drove so many on this board crazy) will pay off in spades. I'm guessing Wilson was a ****y VT player (VT is the new Miami) and he needed to be knocked down to earth a bit...to learn the "Giant way." I'm betting he will explode on the scene this year and that our RB tandem will be kick ***!!Go Giants!
    He was a great kid at VT.
    He didn't need to be knocked down at all.
    David Wilson is a fine young man. Very high character guy.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    WTF does Bradshaw's heart have to do with anything. Teams aren't interested in bringing in beat up players that can't pass physicals. The Steelers already had AB in for a visit. He couldn't pass the physical. Why would any other team bother bringing him in, then? So, your inference that TC was riding AB too long by virtue that AB hasn't gotten much interest in FA is invalid.
    Some other poster brought up his heart. Bradshaw has had foot-ankle injuries for years, limiting his practice. TC is just too stubborn to let rookies play. I agree that Wilson was weak in pass protection skills, but I don't agree with the OP that TC "groomed" Wilson by putting him in the doghouse. That's nonsense

After Wilson's first fumble, he sat a long time. I disagree with the OP that the handling of Wilson was some divine strategy. It's just Tc being TC
    If TC benched him because of fumbling, then he wouldn't have been returning kicks.

If TC benched him because of fumbling, then he wouldn't have been returning kicks.
    Please don't introduce facts into this discussion. You will confuse half the participants.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Well he definitely benched him for the fumble. Yes he was returning KO's, but he was out of the offensive game plan, which he was clearly in week 1.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well he definitely benched him for the fumble. Yes he was returning KO's, but he was out of the offensive game plan, which he was clearly in week 1.
    Can you say for certain that he was part of the gameplan, outside of wanting to see what he was capable of in a meaningful live game?

Also, I don't doubt that in the Cowboys' game and probably the next week he was in the proverbial doghouse. However, the notion that the fumble was something that kept him from getting touches most of the season is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My point exactly. TC over-reacts to rookie mistakes. I don't see his treatment of Wilson as some "grooming" as suggested

Can you say for certain that he was part of the gameplan, outside of wanting to see what he was capable of in a meaningful live game?

Also, I don't doubt that in the Cowboys' game and probably the next week he was in the proverbial doghouse. However, the notion that the fumble was something that kept him from getting touches most of the season is laughable.
    Wilson was benched because of the fumble. Not sure if that lingered with TC, but the media clearly ran with teh "doghouse" headlines.

+ Reply to Thread