+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    You two play nice..
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You two play nice..
    Yeah. You tell Morehead and stormblue!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I hope you're never on a jury, then. You're supposed to weigh evidence, not be a slave to your emotions.
    It would seem that TC's evaluation and rating of Wilson's pass blocking capabilities were based on team practices and scrimmages. Is that correct. Rhetorical, since he was confident enough in Wilson's pass blocking technique to start him in the first game of the season against a premier division rival. But after the fumble Wilson is benched and doghoused. After a few more games sitting on the bench we are to believe Wilson's pass blocking is not good enough to play him. I am calling BS since his demonstrated pass blocking skills were good enough for TC until the fumble.
    My take. TC was so pissed at Wilson fumbling (away a scoring op.) that he stubbornly decided to punish him (and ultimately the team and us) by "teaching him a lesson" and benching him long beyond any reasonable amount of time necessary to correct any fumbling problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jintsfan666 View Post
    It would seem that TC's evaluation and rating of Wilson's pass blocking capabilities were based on team practices and scrimmages. Is that correct. Rhetorical, since he was confident enough in Wilson's pass blocking technique to start him in the first game of the season against a premier division rival. But after the fumble Wilson is benched and doghoused. After a few more games sitting on the bench we are to believe Wilson's pass blocking is not good enough to play him. I am calling BS since his demonstrated pass blocking skills were good enough for TC until the fumble.
    My take. TC was so pissed at Wilson fumbling (away a scoring op.) that he stubbornly decided to punish him (and ultimately the team and us) by "teaching him a lesson" and benching him long beyond any reasonable amount of time necessary to correct any fumbling problem.
    That assumes that they were going to give Wilson pass blocking opportunities in the Dallas game. I'd wager that Wilson's play package was very limited in the first game, and chances are better than not that any play he was in for was designed to get the ball to him (either a run or a pass where he would run a route).

Your notion that because he saw some early action that his pass blocking was up to par is flawed.

That assumes that they were going to give Wilson pass blocking opportunities in the Dallas game. I'd wager that Wilson's play package was very limited in the first game, and chances are better than not that any play he was in for was designed to get the ball to him (either a run or a pass where he would run a route).

Your notion that because he saw some early action that his pass blocking was up to par is flawed.
    Since I am unable to recall whether or not Wilson had any "pass blocking opportunities" prior to his fumble I will have to assume you have researched the point and determined based upon the evidence of your research that he had no blocking duties prior to the fumble.

Then why not keep using Wilson in those limited play packages in subsequent games, while he improves his pass protection? He went from limited participation in the offense to zero participation in the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by jintsfan666 View Post
    Since I am unable to recall whether or not Wilson had any "pass blocking opportunities" prior to his fumble I will have to assume you have researched the point and determined based upon the evidence of your research that he had no blocking duties prior to the fumble.
    He had 3 offensive snaps in Week 1, two of which were runs.

Quote Originally Posted by uther99 View Post
    Then why not keep using Wilson in those limited play packages in subsequent games, while he improves his pass protection? He went from limited participation in the offense to zero participation in the offense.
    Because Andre Brown emerged as being a very good player. While not great as pass pro, he was still better than Wilson.