+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 108
  1. #21
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,310
    Quote Originally Posted by uther99 View Post
    Wilson was benched because of the fumble. Not sure if that lingered with TC, but the media clearly ran with teh "doghouse" headlines.
    Yeah, because media headlines are great places to look for objective perspectives.

  2. #22
    Wilson learned a lot from the fumble in the 1st game of the season!

    I would never wish that happened to him but it may have been for the better!

    he was safe with the ball from that point in a limited role during last season!

    I believe and ive said Wilson will be better than both Martin (TB) and Richardson CLE) in the end.

    I expect Wilson will be HUGE in the Giants offense!

  3. #23
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    That he can't pass a physical because he had surgery (again) this offseason?

    Wilson's "mistakes" might lead to our franchise QB getting injured. TC was in his right to sit him until he believed that Wilson could handle the pass pro duties. If Wilson not getting carries was the result of the fumble, then there would be no way that TC would have let him return kicks.
    You're right about this one. You need only look at what happened to Steve Young when the rookie Lawrence Phillips missed his assignment- it was "turn your head away" nasty.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    At VT, all he had to do was "run" and he excelled. The NFL is not as one dimensional and we watched Wilson flounder some at blocking and pre-snap reads. Not all that surprising. While many here mourned his "benching" it is all the more amazing that he set the record for all purpose yards in a single game. He will be better prepared this season and, I hope, will share the load with Brown.
    He just needs to block lower! He fell on his butt that time because he was too high, plain and simple. Look at bradshaw, he practically goes so low it looks like hes attacking your ankles lol

    And further to the OP, what about Tom's loyalty to Diehl? I know, I know, that beaten horse is now dust from the skeletal remains. But still, is the durability really that valuable??? I dont see any genius there, just bad luck that Locklear had that horrific, possibly career ending injury
    Last edited by BigBlue wins; 04-23-2013 at 09:55 PM.

  5. #25
    I'm all for giving DD a retirement party When we have a good experienced replacement. I'm guessing TC feels the same way. With the cap restrictions there was not too much they could do to address that situation.Regarding Wilson, I never said he was a bad apple just that he will be very hungry and have a chip on his shoulder because of his limited role on O last season. Beside the fumble, it was clear that the team had little confidence he was ready to protect our franchise QB.Anyway, Wildon did an amazing job on ST and I'm stoked to see what he can do on O this year!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    I'm all for giving DD a retirement party When we have a good experienced replacement. I'm guessing TC feels the same way. With the cap restrictions there was not too much they could do to address that situation.
    Makes you wonder what the staff really thinks of Cordle

  7. #27
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The fact that Reese cut Bradshaw tells me he has faith in the Brown/Wilson combo...
    The fact that Bradshaw still doesn't have a job is jaw dropping.

  8. #28
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Can you say for certain that he was part of the gameplan, outside of wanting to see what he was capable of in a meaningful live game?

    Also, I don't doubt that in the Cowboys' game and probably the next week he was in the proverbial doghouse. However, the notion that the fumble was something that kept him from getting touches most of the season is laughable.
    Well he was on the field, carrying the ball early in game 1 of the season.
    Then he fumbled.....
    Then we didn't see him in much of anything else on offense except mop up duty until much later in the season.

    No I can't say for sure but 1 + 1 would have to be something other than 2, in order for me to interpret it in any other way.

    Now...Do you really believe TC would decide that he was only going to carry the ball early in game 1, and then not see him carry the ball early in any more games until much later in the season.......and NOT be influenced by the fumble?

    We were talking about those things that are laughable.........
    Last edited by Morehead State; 04-23-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #29
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,310
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    The fact that Bradshaw still doesn't have a job is jaw dropping.
    How is it jaw dropping. He can't even pass a physical at this point. As such, he can't even sign a contract.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    Makes you wonder what the staff really thinks of Cordle
    I know that Cordle delivers the best block in the back in the entire NFL, period! As far as us seeing the "genius" of TC in regard to the handling of Mr. Wilson. Ahem! Come on, we've seen this TC dance before: " You fumble, you sit, simple Go Giants!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts