+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well he was on the field, carrying the ball early in game 1 of the season.
    Then he fumbled.....
    Then we didn't see him in much of anything else on offense except mop up duty until much later in the season.

No I can't say for sure but 1 + 1 would have to be something other than 2, in order for me to interpret it in any other way.

Now...Do you really believe TC would decide that he was only going to carry the ball early in game 1, and then not see him carry the ball early in any more games until much later in the season.......and NOT be influenced by the fumble?

We were talking about those things that are laughable.........
    Just because that's how it appears doesn't mean that's how it was.

Yes, TC was only going to have him carry the ball once. Yes, that's exactly what I though when I said that maybe he wasn't going to be a major part of the offensive gameplan last season. Your claim that he was going to be a major part of the gameplan based on the fact that he had gotten 1 carry in the second quarter of the first game is more speculative than thinking that the staff wanted to see what their new toy could do.

Was Wilson in the doghouse for a game or two because of the fumble? Sure. However, if the fumble was such a serious issue that warranted a serious reduction in playing time, then TC wouldn't have had him returning kicks. TC values ball security more than explosiveness on ST. Wilson was kept out of the line up much of the year because he was not ready to do all the things we ask of our RBs, namely pass protect, (and in some early games didn't make the most of the opportunities given him; I do remember a couple dropped passes and some runs that went no where).

So, go ahead and think that TC benched our first round draft pick for the majority of the season because of one fumble.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    That he can't pass a physical because he had surgery (again) this offseason?

Wilson's "mistakes" might lead to our franchise QB getting injured. TC was in his right to sit him until he believed that Wilson could handle the pass pro duties. If Wilson not getting carries was the result of the fumble, then there would be no way that TC would have let him return kicks.
    Yeah and letting a hurt Bradshaw "block" was clearly the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    I know that Cordle delivers the best block in the back in the entire NFL, period! As far as us seeing the "genius" of TC in regard to the handling of Mr. Wilson. Ahem! Come on, we've seen this TC dance before: " You fumble, you sit, simple Go Giants!!
    Except that Bradshaw has fumbled his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Yeah and letting a hurt Bradshaw "block" was clearly the better option.
    You mean in the part of the season when Wilson finally started getting more reps?

Veteran
    yea, drafting a rb in the first rd to give him 3 carries a game is absolutely brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    yea, drafting a rb in the first rd to give him 3 carries a game is absolutely brilliant.
    Perhaps it is exactly that...brilliant. Just because a player is a first round pick doesn't mean he is ready, physically, mentally or skill-wise to start in the NFL. Perhaps the brilliance of our beloved franchise is that they have the wisdom, and PATIENCE, to develop a gifted raw tallent into a star without throwing him to the wolves and perhaps ruining an entire career.

Good wine takes time to mature. You don't not buy it just because you can't drink it now.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Perhaps it is exactly that...brilliant. Just because a player is a first round pick doesn't mean he is ready, physically, mentally or skill-wise to start in the NFL. Perhaps the brilliance of our beloved franchise is that they have the wisdom, and PATIENCE, to develop a gifted raw tallent into a star without throwing him to the wolves and perhaps ruining an entire career.
    If you're a rb and you arent ready. You shouldn't be drafted in the first round. Theres tons of backs that could have been taken in later rounds to be groomed for this year.. bernard pierce cyrus gray lamar miller etc. First round backs are not supposed to ride the bench for a year.

Young players make mistakes....sometime coaches do too! get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    First round backs are not supposed to ride the bench for a year.
    Yeah, this is what bothered me.

Wilson wound up being the most under-utilised 1st-round rookie back in the last decade.