+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Could Boothe be our long term answer at Center?

Hear me out here. It's no secret our line has played better with Boothe under center, especially in the run game. Could the Giants look to move him to center after this season and part ways with Bass? If we draft a guard in the 1st round I think this strategy would make sense for us.

Boothe can play Center in a pinch, but he's not a *good* center. Boothe doesn't excel at any position along the OL ... his value is his versatility and dependability.

Baas is probably going to be with the Giants for the 2013 and 2014 seasons considering the unfortunate cap implications if he were to be cut. At this point it seems like a VERY bad signing by Reese.

All we can do is hope that Baas has moved past some lingering injuries and continues to progress in this offense. I am pretty confident he's going to be around for 2 more seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

no......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Baas is probably going to be with the Giants for the 2013 and 2014 seasons considering the unfortunate cap implications if he were to be cut. At this point it seems like a VERY bad signing by Reese.

All we can do is hope that Baas has moved past some lingering injuries and continues to progress in this offense. I am pretty confident he's going to be around for 2 more seasons.
    I'm not sure I agree. While Baas hasn't been the rock in the center that O'hara was, he was improved in 2012 over 2011. If he improves more in 2013, he could very well end up being that rock.

Better late than never?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I'm not sure I agree. While Baas hasn't been the rock in the center that O'hara was, he was improved in 2012 over 2011. If he improves more in 2013, he could very well end up being that rock.

Better late than never?
    I agree, his improvement has not been drastic but atleast there has been some improvement. If he steps it up this year he should be a lock, i mean the way he is getting paid he needs to show for it.

He's still young isnt he?

*young-ish"

Baas is one of the worst free agent signings the Giants have ever had IMO.......especially for the $$$ he got......the only thing that makes it somewhat tolerable is that he restructured......he can't run block and merely hold his own in the passing game.......

Boothe is a beast in the run game at center and actually gets a push up field unlike Baas......he would be a staple at center but he keeps bouncing snaps off his huge backside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

Better late than never?
    I agree! I specifically watched Baas last season and thought he had improved. Is he a Pro Bowl center? Nope. Is he a solid center? Yes. He plays until the whistle, often goes and hits another defender after he takes his guy out of the play, has a team attitude and a nasty streak. I think he will be even more effective this year. His injuries are the only drawback but he will play hurt, not take it easy on the sideline. Boothe is fine in a pinch but a long term solution at center he's not. I see us maybe taking B. Jones, Schwenke or the kid from Notre Dame in the draft to address our long term center question.

No chance.

Lol at baas being the worst signing. He's a solid center. He has just struggled staying healthy.

Everyone always knocks him but nobody ever seems to actually watch him play.