+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Cruz Thread #2246: Giants up their offer

This board seems to be lacking in Cruz threads, so here's a new one!

And then there was one.

Victor Cruz is now the last remaining unsigned restricted free agent on the Giants after running back Andre Brown officially signed his tender on Tuesday morning, according to an NFL source.
    Brown had gotten a "second-round tender" from the Giants, which now becomes a non- guaranteed one-year deal worth $2.023 million.

the Giants are still talking to [Cruz's] agent, Tom Condon, in hopes of getting a long- term contract done. Their last offer, a source told the Daily News, was worth close to $8 million per season and it's believed to include $15-18 million in guarantees.
    New York Daily News

Previous estimates placed the Giants' offer within the realm of $7 million per year. If this report has any basis in fact then it'll be interesting to see how high the team is actually willing to go for a mere slot receiver.

Rage/lock in 3...2...

What an interesting read, in this fine Wednesday morning. One day before the draft.

Their first offer was over $7M per year, $20M guaranteed.

I think the Daily News is slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This board seems to be lacking in Cruz threads, so here's a new one!

New York Daily News

Previous estimates placed the Giants' offer within the realm of $7 million per year. If this report has any basis in fact then it'll be interesting to see how high the team is actually willing to go for a mere slot receiver.

Rage/lock in 3...2...
    I think the previous reports were in excess of $7M but it was certainly $7M because Tisch put it there in is one and only public comment. With an in initial offer at $7M, getting to 8 isn't a big deal. I would also expect the guarantee to be $20+M
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Their first offer was over $7M per year, $20M guaranteed.

I think the Daily News is slipping.
    Not to defend the Daily News but no one really has a clue. We will know pretty soon though.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

A source tells the Daily News that the Giants' latest offer to restricted free agent Victor Cruz was worth close to $8M per season.

It is an increase from the Giants' previous standing $7M-per-year proposal, and is "believed" to include $15-18M in guarantees. It's still another offer that pegs Cruz as a No. 2 wideout, instead of the No. 1 receiver he wants to be paid as. Just last month, unrestricted free agent Dwayne Bowe received $11M per year and $26M guaranteed in a five-year deal with the Chiefs. The Giants are confident a deal will get done, but the two sides don't appear close right now. Cruz's only leverage play may be a holdout.
    Source: New York Daily News

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    8 miL? No thanks. Giving me a solid OLinemen instead. Heck, give me 2 of em.
    I'll take the calculated risk that is re-signing Nicks and hope that he's not injury prone.
    It's going to get done whatever the numbers are.

The only way it would make sense to pay thAt much is if we get young on the oline to offset the cost

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    The only way it would make sense to pay thAt much is if we get young on the oline to offset the cost
    That and they don't plan on re-signing Nicks. We're going to have to extend JPP soon also which could be an enormous salary.