+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning going to pass Phil Simms

Eli Manning going to pass Phil Simms

In passing yards this year

Simms-33462
    Eli-31527

Eli already beat him in touchdowns with 211 to phils 199.

Phil was a great Giant but I was reminded today as I watched the NFL Network that we passed on joe Montana when we selected Phil in the draft! Just goes to show you that you never really know how a draft will turn out.

Veteran
    Phil Simms was the QB that won a SB for the Giants after 30 years without a winning team. At the time we fans thought he was Gods little brother. He was a very good QB, but not the greatest. To the fans at that time he was the greatest. Will Always be a hero in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    Phil Simms was the QB that won a SB for the Giants after 30 years without a winning team. At the time we fans thought he was Gods little brother. He was a very good QB, but not the greatest. To the fans at that time he was the greatest. Will Always be a hero in our hearts.
    Well said!

Banned
    Bill Walsh would've drafted Phill Simms over Joe Montana but San Francisco couldn't because they had traded the draft pick away. In my opinion, Phil Simms would've thrived in San Francisco with the talent they had over there.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...ontana-in-1979

We allowed Joe Montana to slip through our fingers? Wow!
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    We allowed Joe Montana to slip through our fingers? Wow!
    As all the teams did. He was the last pick (82) in round 3.
    We Want 5!

Quote Originally Posted by giants-_- View Post
    In passing yards this year

Simms-33462
    Eli-31527

Eli already beat him in touchdowns with 211 to phils 199.
    Maybe on the stat sheet...but not in my heart!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Phil was a great Giant but I was reminded today as I watched the NFL Network that we passed on joe Montana when we selected Phil in the draft! Just goes to show you that you never really know how a draft will turn out.
    Forgot about that! Hey MJ was not a Number one pick! The draft is, without doubt, a shot in the dark!
    Giants fan since '58

Talking

OK, this thread is going to go on to next season. I'll say this again, Eli is the best QB the GIants have ever had for the simple reason he has won 2 come from behind SB's with his arm. Not even Y.A Title can claim that. Simms won one SB with a great defense and missed the other one. Now Eli will have thrown for the most yards for the Giants in the history of the organization. Enough said!
    Last edited by bigjeep; 04-24-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    Giants fan since '58

+ Reply to Thread