+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Eli Manning going to pass Phil Simms

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Most unlucky was the broken thumb, hit on follow through on someone's helmet.
    No doubt Zimm. Didn't Phil come off the bench to spark us and then broke his thumb?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Only because Phil is in mid 50's. But its still close.
    This was my laugh of the day.
    I just looked on Wiki, regarding that break...
    Simms came in to replace the struggling Brunner against the Philadelphia Eagles. On his second drive, Simms suffered a season-ending injury when the thumb on his throwing hand hit a player's helmet on his follow-through. The injury was reported as a dislocation, but according to the book, Simms to McConkey, written by Phil McConkey, Simms, and **** Schaap, the injury was much more severe, with the thumb literally hanging off after impact, and the bone sticking out through the skin.[17]

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    This was my laugh of the day.
    I just looked on Wiki, regarding that break...
    Simms came in to replace the struggling Brunner against the Philadelphia Eagles. On his second drive, Simms suffered a season-ending injury when the thumb on his throwing hand hit a player's helmet on his follow-through. The injury was reported as a dislocation, but according to the book, Simms to McConkey, written by Phil McConkey, Simms, and **** Schaap, the injury was much more severe, with the thumb literally hanging off after impact, and the bone sticking out through the skin.[17]
    I stand by my recolection that it was Carl Hairston's facemask.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    No doubt Zimm. Didn't Phil come off the bench to spark us and then broke his thumb?
    Yeah, Ro... He missed the whole '82 season with a knee injury, and Parcell's chose Brunner as the starter in '83. I think when Phil finally got his chance, it was game #6 that season against philly . His 2nd series... broken thumb and another season down the tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I stand by my recolection that it was Carl Hairston's facemask.
    It didn't say, but it makes sense that big daddy Hairston's helmet was the one... he played DE for the Eagles in '83.

Veteran
    I loved Phil, but I didn't think he was god. He was too fragile, and he used to drive me nuts at times.

+ Reply to Thread