+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade to 12 for Vaccaro?

Bench Player

Trade to 12 for Vaccaro?

I think Kenny Vaccaro is the TOP defensive player talent wise in this draft. Yeah I know, who cares what I think lol. The Giants need a playmaker in the secondary, a true ball hawk safety. I don't think Stevie Brown is the answer, and Rolle now plays in the box.

The Dolphins will trade that 12 pick. If Vaccaro is still there at 12, trade up and take him! He is a ball hawk, great skills, great work ethic, and they say he's a great charchter guy.

I also love Mississippi State CB Darius Slay in the 2nd Rd.

The Giants defense looked a little on the slow side last year. Lets get some young explosive talent in our secondary to lineup against RG3, Romo, Vick, Dez Bryant, DeSean Jackson etc.

I'm sure I'm way off, but you never know. That's what's cool about the draft.

Bench Player
    Also, what do you think it would take to trade from 19 to 12?

The Giants usually don't trade except to move up one or two spots. I think if any kind of trade of a draft pick is to take place this year it would most likely the Giants moving back and acquiring a few picks. There is a lot of depth this year in safeties, offensive linemen and defensive linemen.

To trade from 19 to 12 would probably take this years first(19) and a third round pick. That is a good jump that almost takes a mid round pick to almost a top ten.

Bench Player
    I'd be willing to trade the 19 pick and our 3rd Rd pick for Vaccaro. I think he's that good. I could be way off on this one.

Wow, not sure about that type of trade....

Obviously you like Kenny a lot, and that's cool. We all have prospects we like. But, Im sorry, he is not the best defensive Talent in this draft. However even if he was, and this is too bad for Kenny V, it is a very strong safety class. In some ways that devalues him because teams have the liberty of addressing another need in round 1 and still having a good opportunity to fill safety with a good player in a later round.

So, even if Mr Reese felt the same way as you and thought Kenny was the best defensive talent in this draft, I still would not think trading up for Kenny is wise. We have too many needs to give picks away and 19 to 12 is no small jump.

Vaccaro is a nice player but when I watch his tape I never once thought hey this guy should be a Top 15 pick.

I'd rather sit at 19 and maybe he'll slide.. I only trade up for one of the two guards..

Chances are Vaccaro is there at #19 so why give up picks?

Vacarro is one of those players who you let drop to you versus trading up for him (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Chances are Vaccaro is there at #19 so why give up picks?

Vacarro is one of those players who you let drop to you versus trading up for him (imo).
    agreed

+ Reply to Thread