+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eifert for 1st pick

Eifert for 1st pick

I know we have other pressing needs, but I can still hope we have the top passing game in the NFL. It would be nice to see a receiver in the mold of Whitten to really round out our attack. Don't see this kid as a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by mainegiantsfan View Post
    I know we have other pressing needs, but I can still hope we have the top passing game in the NFL. It would be nice to see a receiver in the mold of Whitten to really round out our attack. Don't see this kid as a risk.
    wrong past to post this but i agree with you. i would be stoked if we drafted him. he is a stud
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

It doesn't seem like the TC/KG way to "lock-down" premier talent at the TE position.

CB, WR, DE, QB. . .that's where our coaches like to lay their chips.
    Last edited by RagTime Blue; 04-24-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

if we drafted Eifert and used him the way the Cowboys use Witten I'd be all for it but history tells me that we would use him sparingly and complain about his blocking and forget about what he would bring to the offense as a receiver.....

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I agree he's a beast, but we never use our TEs in the passing game as much as Id like to and more so as blockers, so I think hed be a wasted 1st round pick.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

no.. I wouldn't like it at all, too many other pressing needs (RT, G, ILB, OLB and CB)

Depending on who is left on the board, I wouldn't hate this pick.

I wouldn't be crazy about the pick but I could see Reese upending the draft with it (sort of like Wilson last year).

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I wouldn't be crazy about the pick but I could see Reese upending the draft with it (sort of like Wilson last year).
    ya but I don't see TC starting him and we just got Meyers who is pretty solid himself. Why waste a stud receiving TE pick like that. I could see the Wilson pick last year cause AB was on his way out but I wouldn't understand the Eifert pick.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

I honestly would not be happy with this pick at all.. we have Myers who is a very good pass catcher and all around pretty solid TE. We have Robinson who is getting groomed who is a freak at blocking already and has all of the physical tools to be a real pass catching threat as well. I do not see us going witb Tyler E. If we did I would be really disappointed that we used a first on a TE with all of the big needs we have this year...

+ Reply to Thread