+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eifert for 1st pick

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    With Myers and Robinson already on the Roster (As well as Pascoe, lol) There is no way JR would draft Tyler at 19. Besides a lot of mocks have the Jets taking him at 13...
    Not sure that the 3 TE's on our roster would preclude JR from taking a TE . . . .Robinson hasn't even seen the field and Pascoe isn't a starting caliber player. Myers has had one good year, is an awful blocker and is on a short term deal.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Not sure that the 3 TE's on our roster would preclude JR from taking a TE . . . .Robinson hasn't even seen the field and Pascoe isn't a starting caliber player. Myers has had one good year, is an awful blocker and is on a short term deal.
    Totally agree with your assessment. However I still don't see the NYGs taking a TE in the first round with all the pressing needs at other positions
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Totally agree with your assessment. However I still don't see the NYGs taking a TE in the first round with all the pressing needs at other positions
    I don't really see it happening either, unless JR feels that the value is just too good to pass up

Ive come to the conclusion im going to be disappointed in who we pick. There just isnt enough players I like for the Giants at that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Ive come to the conclusion im going to be disappointed in who we pick. There just isnt enough players I like for the Giants at that spot.
    I sort of feel the same way, unless someone unexpectedly drops like Ansah, Warmack, Lane Johnson, Millner . . . seems pretty clear that's not going to happen though . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    ya but I don't see TC starting him and we just got Meyers who is pretty solid himself. Why waste a stud receiving TE pick like that. I could see the Wilson pick last year cause AB was on his way out but I wouldn't understand the Eifert pick.
    Precisely for the reason that you wouldn't have to start him right away.

It takes most receivers (and by extension, receiving TEs) 2-3 years to get with the program on average. Myers is here on a one year deal and Pascoe is eventually going to lose his lunchpail shine. Assuming Adrien Robinson steps up at some point in his life, there is still the need for a TE soon.

Like I said, I wouldn't be crazy about the pick, but I could see Reese doing it if he felt that no one else of commensurate value was there at #19.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    if we drafted Eifert and used him the way the Cowboys use Witten I'd be all for it but history tells me that we would use him sparingly and complain about his blocking and forget about what he would bring to the offense as a receiver.....
    I can dream can't I? I'm sick of seeing other tight ends running ruffshod over the middle. I think with Myers and Eifert, we could solve our dilemma of carrying two expensive wide recievers. Just look at NE. They rely on their tight ends, and have a mediocre wide receiving corp, so why couldn't we?
    Besides, we have Randle and the new guy to go with the one we keep. Not too shabby.................

+ Reply to Thread