+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

possible Boley return?

Michael Boley - LB - Free AgentNewsday's Tom Rock gets the sense the Giants "haven't completely closed the door" on re-signing free agent WLB Michael Boley.The Newark Star-Ledger's Jenny Vrentas has the same feeling. Boley, 31 in August, was released by the Giants in a salary cap move in February, and he hasn't drawn an ounce of known interest since. He could be back at the minimum if the Giants don't come away with a linebacker in the draft.Related: Giants
    Source: Tom Rock on Twitter Apr 24 - 10:55 PM

Veteran
    Hmmm I dont think so. He seemed to fall out of favor with TC. I dont remember the last time we cut someone and resigned him. Aaron Ross came back to us, but we didn't cut him.

Chase Blackburn

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Chase Blackburn
    Forgot about him. Good thing we did huh?

It worked out well! He was the unsung hero for our Gmen. I wish him the best and hope we have someone with his heart on the team this year!

The Giants were reducing his snaps considerably toward the end of last year in favor of Williams. Boley, who was always known for his coverage, was 1 of the worst cover backers in the league last year. He had clearly lost a step.

I would prefer we continue adding young players rather than old 1nes. I would only be for this move if he we were unlucky in the draft and none of the young LBs we like fell to us. Otherwise, I think it is time to let him go.

If Williams gets hurt, maybe. And Williams has been hurt before...

if we get ogletree.. forget it. well, maybe for depth.... i take that back
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Chase Blackburn
    And Rocky Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    The Giants were reducing his snaps considerably toward the end of last year in favor of Williams. Boley, who was always known for his coverage, was 1 of the worst cover backers in the league last year. He had clearly lost a step.

I would prefer we continue adding young players rather than old 1nes. I would only be for this move if he we were unlucky in the draft and none of the young LBs we like fell to us. Otherwise, I think it is time to let him go.
    He had his career high in interceptions last year, with 3. He had his career 3rd most tackles in a season last year, with his 2nd best the year before.

I don't know I'd call him one of the worst cover LBs last year, or that he'd "lost a step". He wasn't cut loose because of diminished production. It was strictly a cap casualty move.