+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prospects We've Contacted

Banned

Prospects We've Contacted

Ebenezer Samuel‏@ebenezersamuel
    Margus Hunt did not visit the Giants, he said, but team did call him to make sure they have his information and cell correct.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton
    Mississippi St CB Darius Slay on #NYG interest: “They’ve been calling me lately. I think they like me a lot, think I’m pretty hot for them”

Art Stapleton Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton
    Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson says he hasn’t sensed much interest from #NYG. “They called me to get my draft day info, but that’s about it”

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton
    Bjoern Werner sure sounded a lot like a guy who would be surprised if the #NYG took him at 19. Doesn’t mean they won’t, of course.

The following are rumors from Tony Pauline. Most is already known though.

- Colorado’s Nick Kasa has developed into the contingency plan for teams looking to draft a tight end outside the initial three rounds of the draft. Unlike the higher rated players at the position, Kasa does not offer immediate starting possibilities but is a sensational developmental prospect expected to be plucked off the board in round four. The New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins have displayed heavy interest in Kasa.

Right now the top suitors for Tank Carradine/FSU are Miami Dolphins (12), NY Giants (19) Minnesota Vikings (23 & 25), Falcons in mix

DJ Fluker/T/Alabama has visits set up with the Minnesota Vikings, St Louis Rams & Tampa Bay Bucs this week...NY Giants very coy thus far..

Alonzo Tweedy/S/Virginia Tech has worked out for the New England Patriots and will be traveling to see the New York Giants next week...
    Another athletic offensive lineman receiving praise in war rooms is Vinston Painter of Virginia Tech.Painter turned in a terrific senior campaign after breaking into the starting line-up then performed brilliantly at the combine.Painter’s forty times (average of 4.96 electronic) were solid as was his ten split (fastest of 1.70 hand timed).His vertical jump in Indianapolis of 30.5-inches was bettered by just three offensive linemen.How early could Painter be selected?We presently have him rated as a potential 4th rounder in our updated rankings though I am told the third frame is not out of the question.Painter has been on visits to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Detroit Lions, New York Giants, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars and Cincinnati Bengals.

And if you want a look at our visits then take a look at this thread.
    http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?29613-Giants-scheduled-pre-draft-visits

N
    otable names though are Warmack and Te'o for official visits. Khaseem Greene also had a local visit with us. Be wary about visits though as Pauline again says "I’m told the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants are two teams who may not bring their first round pick into town for an official visit." If you want recent history, JPP was the only 1st rounder that Reese visited. However in the later rounds, guys like Manningham and Jacquian Williams were visited by the Giants. So take this FWIW.

Thanks for the read.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

The Giants have Margus Hunt cell phone ?

Great to see they are not shying away because of his age ( per some experts ). I guess the so called experts don't remember we drafted Aaron Ross some years ago and he was about the same age when he got picked by the Giants.

This has got to be the most awkward pre-draft I have ever seen. Most of the time there are a few guys that start popping up a couple of weeks beforehand that you can see the Giants grabbing and the top 10 is usually set. This year the Giants interests per mocks and speculation runs the gamut from everything but a quarterback and running back. And, the top 10 is so out of whack, especially with the rumor of all the trades getting ready to go down. Makes for an interesting draft.

Painter is one of those OT's that you could get in the mid rounds that could turn out to be very solid Pro.....

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    The Giants have Margus Hunt cell phone ?

Great to see they are not shying away because of his age ( per some experts ). I guess the so called experts don't remember we drafted Aaron Ross some years ago and he was about the same age when he got picked by the Giants.
    Hes a reese guy all the way.. Big, strong, athletic, and explosive, with upside(despite age).. Hes versatile enough to strengthen up more and move inside and obviously out.. And he had production while at SMU, maybe not tons, but hes not another Sinorce Moss at least..Production is important, in my opinion.

I heard that Montee Ball might be going in the 2nd rd and scouts love em , simply because of his production at Wisconsin, and they don't care about his workout numbers.. We shalll see.. Either way, i love Hunt.. A torn Meniscus isn't the end of the world, as far as Slay goes.. Slays a heck of a player..

Teams call everyone on their draft board a day or two before the draft to make sure they are healthy and have the correct phone number.

Doesn't mean the giants are specifically targeting any of them. Just that they are on their draft board

+ Reply to Thread