+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Linebacker draft fun fact

  1. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    The scenarios are certainly swirling, Ogletree and Teo have been mentioned. Certainly could happen this year; however, last year I didn't think they would pick a RB in the first round (you know, with the Dayne experience and all) and they did. Think they will take the best player available in the 1st. I think 3-6 they pick for future need.
    What does the Dayne experience have to do with a pick this year?????

  2. #12
    Veteran TAILGATIN''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Posts
    1,300
    If Jarvis Jones falls to 19, he could very likely be the pick and the BPA. I like Ogle in the first as well. Brown, Moore, Bostic, Greene, and Minter could be 2nd rounders if some are still on the board and any one of them would please me. I like Kiko Alonso in the 3rd, Nico Johnson or Sean Porter in the 4th-5th, and Beauharnais in 6th/7th. I've done my homework on these guys and anyone would be a great asset for us. Not huge on Teo after bowl game, but if Reese chose him Id learn to like him. He did have an outstanding regular season and the fake lover junk dont bother me... been there, done that lol, well not really.

    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by crooza172 View Post
    We haven't drafted a linebacker in round 1 since LT and I don't think we break that trend this year.
    hahahah slayed by the 1st comment...

    smh.

  4. #14
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,196
    Papa said today on NFL Radio that he would be shocked if the Giants took a LB in the first. I agree.

  5. #15
    Veteran TAILGATIN''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Papa said today on NFL Radio that he would be shocked if the Giants took a LB in the first. I agree.
    It's the draft. If we've been taught anything it's to expect the unexpected. The fact that so many if you say no LBer in the first round, I'm gonna say LB round 1 or 2.

    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

  6. #16
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    It's the draft. If we've been taught anything it's to expect the unexpected. The fact that so many if you say no LBer in the first round, I'm gonna say LB round 1 or 2.
    I could see one in the second, but not in the first. I just think that the two LB's who are likely to be in play at pick 19 -- Teo and Ogeltree -- aren't worth the 19th pick. We shall see tonight though . . . . .

  7. #17
    The giants need to draft an impact linebacker. The biggest problem with the giants defense is that they don't have impact linebackers to help stop the run. They have DE,DT, CB maybe lol, Safety, but what they don't have is an impact linebackers. They haven't had an impact linebacker since Antonio Pierce.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKiller View Post
    The giants need to draft an impact linebacker. The biggest problem with the giants defense is that they don't have impact linebackers to help stop the run. They have DE,DT, CB maybe lol, Safety, but what they don't have is an impact linebackers. They haven't had an impact linebacker since Antonio Pierce.
    +1 ....... it really sucks.
    defensively we are a league-wide laughing stock ......our lousy LB's are the #1 reason for this.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  9. #19
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,555
    Allow me to make a prediction....there's better BPAs available at 19, we pass on the LBs.....2nd round comes,brown,teo,Ogletree,minter are all gone....we pass on Greene,sio moore....we finally draft some bum in the 4th-6th that's lucky to make the team & next year we have this same LB conversation all over again...

  10. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    It's the draft. If we've been taught anything it's to expect the unexpected. The fact that so many if you say no LBer in the first round, I'm gonna say LB round 1 or 2.
    The Giants rarely do the unexpected in the draft. With the exception of aquiring ELI we rarely do anything that makes waves

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts