+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

I'm pretty sure we can narrow it down to a few

If I understand things right (and I've been watching the draft and listening to the process for a long time), the Giants assign value to each player and many of these players have similar value. Jerry Reese talked about Blue Chips and Green Chips and Red Chip players (Red Chip players being in the middle rounds). I would imagine in the list below many of these guys are valued equally on the Giants board. If three or four or even five of these guys are on the board when 19 comes around, that would be the circumstance for them to drop back a few spots. If they have a choice of two and they are equally valued they will pick the player that best fills a need. I think we can assume we will end up with one of the following:

DJ Hayden
    Alec Ogletree
    Bjoern Werner
    Chance Warmack
    Kenny Vacarro
    DJ Fluker
    Xavier Rhodes
    Tank Carradine
    Sheldon Richardson
    Tavon Austin
    Dee Milner
    Manti Teo
    (I might have missed some guys, including the DE from UCLA people have been talking about)

On this list, given our history, I think the linebackers are valued lower then the rest (I also dont think Coughlin is a fan of Teo) meaning if there are others on this list still available JR will take one of them over the backer.

SHould be funny, tomorrow is like a holiday for me, cant wait

Definetly not a few..lol But i agree, the pick is probably on ur board, but i'd add a couple just to be safe, Desmon Trufant, and Datone Jones...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Definetly not a few..lol But i agree, the pick is probably on ur board, but i'd add a couple just to be safe, Desmon Trufant, and Datone Jones...
    lol I know, It was a few when I started the post and just kept adding, but that just shows the Giants will likely get there choice of whose left on their board

All-Pro
    Think Werner would be a great pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    that's a 10-4

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I'll be ok with any of these guys and I would like Werner as well.

Veteran
    If I had to narrow this list down to the few I mentioned in the title, I'd eliminate the two linebackers, I think Warmack, Austin, Millner and Fluker will be gone.
    That would leave, Hayden, Werner, Vacarro, Rhodes, Richardson and Carradine. (so thats 2 DEs, 1 DT, 2CBs and 1 Safety)

I like your original list.

Everyone always says, "If so-and-so is still on the board, he'll be BPA". That holds true unless someone slips. . .then someone else will be the BPA.

I would be absolutely shocked if our pick didn't come from your original list. Unless Ansah falls. lol
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    I like your original list.

Everyone always says, "If so-and-so is still on the board, he'll be BPA". That holds true unless someone slips. . .then someone else will be the BPA.

I would be absolutely shocked if our pick didn't come from your original list. Unless Ansah falls. lol
    The guy thats interesting to me is Millner, with all the stuff coming out about the sugeries he's had, I wonder if he falls.

I heard Cleveland is in love with Ansah at 6, but I also heard them taking Millner and Gino SMith so who knows how true it is

COWGIRLS ARE GOING TO SNAG FLUKER RIGHT IN FRONT OF US... IF VACARRO SLIPS TO US...MAN THAT IS PRETTY TOUGH TO PASS ON.. THAT MEANS GUYS PROJECTED BEYOND 20 MOVED UP AHEAD CAUSING A FEW TO SLIDE.. LIKE DJ HAYDEN..I HAD NYG PEGGED FOR HIM IN 2ND ROUND... BUT HE HAS SKYROCKED UP BOARD FASTER THAN ANYONE...IM BUMMED HE WAS IN MY MOCK 1A BELOW IN SIG... I HAVE BEEN GRINDING THE LAST MONTH OR SO WATCHING VIDS.. DOING RESEARCH... I HAVE A LOT OF INFO ON A LOT OF PLAYERS... I LOVE MY GIANTS AND IF I WAS GM I WOULD ROLL WITH MY MOCK 1A, 1B OR 1C... ID BE VERY HAPPEN WITH ANY OF OF THEM... I MADE 3 IN CASE OGLETREE IS GONE OR TEO TO GO A DIFFERENT DIRECTION....

THOUGHTS...