+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Honey Badger in round 2?

Is it too early a pick to risk on him? He's got talent and can do returns, two areas of need going into the draft. The Giants are a good organization that wil put a support system in place to keep him out of trouble and there have been guys drafted in the second round with off field issues like Marvin Austin and I think the Rams took that ex Florida DB Jenkins in round 2 as well. To me it seems like a good idea,thoughts?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfox View Post
    Is it too early a pick to risk on him? He's got talent and can do returns, two areas of need going into the draft. The Giants are a good organization that wil put a support system in place to keep him out of trouble and there have been guys drafted in the second round with off field issues like Marvin Austin and I think the Rams took that ex Florida DB Jenkins in round 2 as well. To me it seems like a good idea,thoughts?
    I think he is too much of a risk in any round. The party he's having shows me how immature he is. He is low character guy and the Giants usually stay away from those type of guys

I will be happy ( crazy happy ) with another kind of Badger in the 3rd round, Travis Frederick.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cags View Post
    I think he is too much of a risk in any round. The party he's having shows me how immature he is. He is low character guy and the Giants usually stay away from those type of guys
    The kid just enjoyed smoking pot.. Don't most college kids? You make it sound like he carries a lot of baggage along with him. He would be a top 10-15 pick if he didn't fail drug tests. And either way he has said many times he's not smoking pot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dayeh33 View Post
    The kid just enjoyed smoking pot.. Don't most college kids? You make it sound like he carries a lot of baggage along with him. He would be a top 10-15 pick if he didn't fail drug tests. And either way he has said many times he's not smoking pot anymore.
    Well, he is talented , no doubt about that. But he would not have been a 10-15 pick unless he showed cover skills this year that he never showed in previous years. But, we will never know that because he got thrown out of school.

Oh, and in 2011 after his 1st suspension for a failed drug test he said he was humbled and knew he let his teammates down and "would not let it happen again."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...led-suspension

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I will be happy ( crazy happy ) with another kind of Badger in the 3rd round, Travis Frederick.
    A little closer to my line of thinking, not a Honey Badger fan...

I'd take him for his return abilities alone...

...maybe in the 5th round or later.

Enough with the threads on this guy . . . we're not taking him

All-Pro
    Isn't he short with average speed and admitted that even with a year off he didn't prepare for the combine?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Enough with the threads on this guy . . . we're not taking him
    I agree with this