+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giants Desperate For Help on Defense, Offensive Line

Giants Desperate For Help on Defense, Offensive Line

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...8yu9AqiBbh8vtI

Excerpt: "Coming off a 9-7, non-playoff season, the Giants have returning starters at almost every position, but that doesn’t mean their roster is well-stocked for the challenge of returning to where they believe they belong: the Super Bowl chase.

The start of the NFL Draft tonight has the Giants hoping to strengthen a defense that often was lousy in 2012. The Giants have eight picks — the 19th in all seven rounds, plus an extra compensatory pick (253rd overall) in the seventh round. During the next three nights and days, the Giants do not need to address one glaring need but they’ve got to get more explosive on defense and sturdier on offense." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

The Closer it gets the more I worry its going to be Fluker

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The Closer it gets the more I worry its going to be Fluker
    I actually think Fluker might be gone.. I think if its a Olineman, its gonna be Chance Warmack... I still find it hard to believe Bjorn Werner is being talked about as a 2nd rd pick now by some, and Werner himself supposedly said, hes heard nothing from us(don't nessecarily mean anything).. I just feel its such a great fit, and both Werner and Carradine seem like guys Reese would love, being so invested in the DLINE for most of his career with us as GM..

I'm thinking Warmack, Werner, Carradine, Ogletree, Hayden/Milliner..

All-Pro
    Their biggest need is a DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Their biggest need is a DE.
    Biggest need is a Pass rusher. Doesnt have to be an end. Even a LB with agility and speed that can blitz. Bottom line hitting the QB

Biggest need is a Pass rusher. Doesnt have to be an end. Even a LB with agility and speed that can blitz. Bottom line hitting the QB
    I agree . . . especially since our whole defensive philosophy is premised upon getting presure on the QB

After breaking down the roster/contract situation, a lot of contracts are up next season. In terms of depth, our thinnest positions are LB,CB, C, OG, DT, DE and RB.

We have 4 RT's under contract, which surprised me. Maybe Fluker won't be the pick, even if available. We could use 2 LB's and 1-2 CB's, which makes me think Ogletree or Rhodes could be our #1 pick. We'll only have one C under contract next year and will be very thin at OG. Maybe we'll draft a hybrid OG/C in an early round like Frederick/Schwenke/Jones. Depending on Tuck and Kiwi, and depending on how folks like Kuhn and Austin pan out, we could probably use another DE or DT for depth or to groom as a future replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if we even grabbed a RB in a mid/late round for security behind an unproven Wilson and injury prone Brown.

Folks keep saying this draft isn't filled with stars, but I'm more excited about this years draft than I've been in a long time. Our areas of weakness are the strength of this years draft, and we can find good talent in mid-deep rounds.

All-Pro
    Agreed.

Needs to be a DE if Fewell is the DC. He doesn't blitz for beans and his LB blitzes are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Needs to be a DE if Fewell is the DC. He doesn't blitz for beans and his LB blitzes are awful.
    Hopefully this kid will be here longer then Fewell

+ Reply to Thread