1. Tank Carradine DE
    2. Sio Moore. OLB
    3. Darius Slay CB
    4. Xavier Nixon OT/OG
    5. Josh Boyd DT
    6. Denard Robinson WR/KR/PR
    7. Levine Toilolo TE
    7. Alonzo Tweedy S
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-25-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Want the guy with the ACL eh?

I'd be ok with all but Darius Slay ... not in love with guys who play football but shy away from contact.

I'll be amazed if Carradine goes in the first round though.

Did you see the video of Tanks workout? He is the best DE in this draft. No acl injury he goes top 5 without question. And what better team for him to go to than a team with a couple good ends already there and can let him recover.

As for Slay, you don't get many opportunities to get 6' corners who can run sub 4.4 and are good cover guys. And I don't see any lack of physical play with him. He seems to enjoy hitting and is active against the run
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-25-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Did you see the video of Tanks workout? He is the best DE in this draft. No acl injury he goes top 5 without question. And what better team for him to go to than a team with a couple good ends already there and can let him recover.

As for Slay, you don't get many opportunities to get 6' corners who can run sub 4.4 and are good cover guys
    I don't know Slip. 1st round pick on a guy coming off an ACL. While the up side is huge, I'd hate to take that kind of risk (and it is a risk) with a 1st round pick.
    I think we're drafting Werner.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't know Slip. 1st round pick on a guy coming off an ACL. While the up side is huge, I'd hate to take that kind of risk (and it is a risk) with a 1st round pick.
    I think we're drafting Werner.
    If Carradine and Werner are both there, it will be a tough call, but the thing that I trust most about this FO is their ability to pick pass rushers. For that reason, I'll be on board with any DE pick they make. I learned my lesson when I was less than enthused over the JPP pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    If Carradine and Werner are both there, it will be a tough call, but the thing that I trust most about this FO is their ability to pick pass rushers. For that reason, I'll be on board with any DE pick they make. I learned my lesson when I was less than enthused over the JPP pick.
    I'm half German so I have to go with Werner.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

As for Slay, you don't get many opportunities to get 6' corners who can run sub 4.4 and are good cover guys. And I don't see any lack of physical play with him. He seems to enjoy hitting and is active against the run
    I will admit to being privately intrigued by the idea of Carradine on the Giants but I just don't like drafting someone who already has an ACL and is currently recovering from it. And we need a DE that can hit the ground running (pun definitely intended) as I don't trust any of our current guys past JPP. But our medical staff is pretty much the top of the league for that type of stuff so if they are ok with it, who am I to argue?

And I'm not sure which Slay films you've been watching but he plays like Wilma Flintstone (hitting wise). He is definitely a talent in coverage but we run so much zone I'd be afraid of him matched up against the bigger and more explosive receivers in the league.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 04-25-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I will admit to being privately intrigued by the idea of Carradine on the Giants but I just don't like drafting someone who already has an ACL and is currently recovering from it. And we need a DE that can hit the ground running (pun definitely intended) as I don't trust any of our current guys past JPP. But our medical staff is pretty much the top of the league for that type of stuff so if they are ok with it, who am I to argue?

And I'm not sure which Slay films you've been watching but he plays like Wilma Flintstone (hitting wise). He is definitely a talent in coverage but we run so much zone I'd be afraid of him matched up against the bigger and more explosive receivers in the league.
    Dude, Wilma was pretty tough. Go back and watch some of the old Flinstone tapes.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Same. Id be ok with whoever they choose.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Love the first 3 rounds. I really believe Tank will be the pick tonight, unless some top 10 talent drops. Sio Moore is a guy I just started watching and I'd be really excited with him as our new SAM. Are pass rush would get a great boost from this draft for years to come. Throw in Slay and are defense is looking to be much improved.

Slip, do you know if the 40 of 4.75 and 1.63 split was right or was it the 4.9ish? Either way its highly impressive.
    Last edited by DarceChoke; 04-25-2013 at 10:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread