+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

OSI IS A SELFISH JERK

I guess I should be happy Osi returned to practice yesterday but after reading this report I am convinced Osi has been dogging it.Why? You dont go from a report last weekend where it said he has no push off on his leg from his high ankle sprain to showing up 7 days later in top form on the field. Something doesn't jive. I remember Strahan had a high ankle sprain and he was hampered for a good portion of the season. Either this guy had a miracle healing or he dogged it and now just wants to get on the field for contract purposes. THIS GUY IS NOT A TEAM PLAYER. HE IS ALL FOR HIMSELF. I guess you decide!!!!!

Giants' Osi Umenyiora back to practice, blazing up the field

Published: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 9:25 PM Updated: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 3:59 AM

Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora seemed in top form at practice today at the Timex Performance Center.

After playing more than 100 snaps against the Jets, Jason Pierre-Paul was very happy to see Osi Umenyiora on the practice field yesterday, taking some plays away from him.

“Yeah, I need that rest,” Pierre-Paul said.

And the Giants need Umenyiora, who hadn’t played or practiced since suffering a high-ankle sprain against the New Orleans Saints on Nov. 28. But given the enormity of Sunday’s game against the Dallas Cowboys plus this being perhaps his last chance to make an impression before another offseason push for a new contract, Umenyiora appears set to make his return.

In top form, apparently.

“He’s faster than ever,” linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka said when asked how Umenyiora looked.

Considering he has seven sacks in eight games this season, that’s promising for the Giants.

Veteran

Re: OSI IS A SELFISH JERK

I dont care, he is back and that is good news. I see him making some plays on Sunday to help us win and that is all that matters. Next year he will be gone so lets get what we can out of him. A nice strip sack on Romo, whacking him on his hand causing a fumble and putting him out of the game would be nice.

I have been saying that for a few weeks that he was waiting until the Giants were either in the playoffs or very close to getting in. If they beat the Skins he would have been practicing last week. Of course I have no way of validating that but its just a gut feeling. He knows he is most likelygone next year so why risk injury except for the playoffs. I hate to think that about Osi but......

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I've been yelling for a few
    weeks now that O$i is dogging it. Everything seemed so fishy about the
    situation. He jogged off the field on his own accord in New Orleans, he had a
    high ankle sprain that every week was reported as the same. Sorry, but even
    high ankle sprains get better from week to week, you're not as hurt in week 3-4
    as you were in week 1. All of the reports on O$i were from "a source familiar
    with the situation", never anyone specific. Maybe he figured "why play at less
    than 100% and not produce like I know I can if the team will hold it against me
    in contract talks?". Maybe it was out of spite, at this point we'll prob never
    get the true answer. All I care about now is him not disrupting JPP, hopefully
    he can contribute in some form down the stretch, and then we can trade him for
    an asset. I also want to trade him so we control where he goes. Otherwise you
    can put money on it, this guy will be a Jet in 2013.

[quote user="NJ10"]I dont care, he is back and that is good news. I see him making some plays on Sunday to help us win and that is all that matters. Next year he will be gone so lets get what we can out of him. A nice strip sack on Romo, whacking him on his hand causing a fumble and putting him out of the game would be nice.

[/quote]

YOUR RIGHT. GET WHAT WE CAN GET OUT OF HIM AND GET RID OF HIM. NOT A GUY YOU NEED IN LOCKERROOM. ANY EXTRA MONEY SHOULD GO TO TUCK. THE GUY HAS BEEN PLAYING HURT ALL YEAR. HE IS A TRUE GIANT

[quote user="GameTime"]

I have been saying that for a few weeks that he was waiting until the Giants were either in the playoffs or very close to getting in. If they beat the Skins he would have been practicing last week. Of course I have no way of validating that but its just a gut feeling. He knows he is most likelygone next year so why risk injury except for the playoffs. I hate to think that about Osi but......

[/quote]

You have proven to be 100% correct!!!!!!!!!!! The article says it all

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]
    I've been yelling for a few weeks now that O$i is dogging it. Everything seemed so fishy about the situation. He jogged off the field on his own accord in New Orleans, he had a high ankle sprain that every week was reported as the same. Sorry, but even high ankle sprains get better from week to week, you're not as hurt in week 3-4 as you were in week 1. All of the reports on O$i were from "a source familiar with the situation", never anyone specific. Maybe he figured "why play at less than 100% and not produce like I know I can if the team will hold it against me in contract talks?". Maybe it was out of spite, at this point we'll prob never get the true answer. All I care about now is him not disrupting JPP, hopefully he can contribute in some form down the stretch, and then we can trade him for an asset. I also want to trade him so we control where he goes. Otherwise you can put money on it, this guy will be a Jet in 2013.

[/quote]

The guy is a dog. Get what we can get and show him the door. I agree that we should pick where he goes. trade the jerk

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]
    I've been yelling for a few weeks now that O$i is dogging it. Everything seemed so fishy about the situation. He jogged off the field on his own accord in New Orleans, he had a high ankle sprain that every week was reported as the same. Sorry, but even high ankle sprains get better from week to week, you're not as hurt in week 3-4 as you were in week 1. All of the reports on O$i were from "a source familiar with the situation", never anyone specific. Maybe he figured "why play at less than 100% and not produce like I know I can if the team will hold it against me in contract talks?". Maybe it was out of spite, at this point we'll prob never get the true answer. All I care about now is him not disrupting JPP, hopefully he can contribute in some form down the stretch, and then we can trade him for an asset. I also want to trade him so we control where he goes. Otherwise you can put money on it, this guy will be a Jet in 2013.

[/quote]

yeah sucks doesnt it...

but as you say get something for him and if he is selfish enough he will play great for himself and hopefully the Giants can benefit from that....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Who knows what the situation really is/was with his ankle. TC says he's been working his butt off to get back so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, I guess.

Either way, the guy misses games every year with injuries. Yes, when healthy, he can make a big impact on the game with his strip sack ability. But he isn't always healthy and he is pretty one dimentional as a DE.

That being said, I am glad he's back and hopefully he stays healthy and can make an impact if the Giants win Sunday and move on. I don't think he's back next year, so we should get his best play moving forward.

this will be Osi's farewell tour.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells