+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 266 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2655
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Hey guys, look at the bright side, maybe by 2014.. he'll be starting and David Diehl will be out
    If he stays at tackle, Diehl may be out before 2014.

Per Gang Green Nation:

Exceptional pass protector who has excellent balance, and manages to mirror pass rushers to keep them out of the backfield. Has excellent hands that he sets and re-sets if rocked, sinks his hips to counter power moves and rarely gets beat off the line. His pass protecting is among the best in the nation. Has good power when in-line blocking and works well in space, has good balance and initial surge to knock defenders back, very good lateral ability to seal off the edge. Works to the next level and plays to the whistle, good blitz recognition and his coaches have commented how he picks up the blocking schemes quickly. Finishes his blocks and shows a toughness and core strength that will make him a good prospect at either the left tackle or right tackle position.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    I want football players, not someone I want to babysit my son.
    Well said
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    When was the last time Reese picked a 1st round pick that didn't pan out?
    A case can be made for Ross. But im with you man. I think this is a solid pick.

I'm sitting and watching ll the players we could have had.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Wasn't he saying he wouldn't mind falling to the 2nd to play for the Eagles?
    i think he grew up an eagles fan thats why lol. but obviously hes more than thrilled to be on the giants.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 34stillrunning View Post
    Thats what i got from listening to are coach,gm,and scout. They said he's a "clean player" over and over. what the hell does that mean??? what LT a clean player??
    But its not as if the rest of the 1st round picks were career criminals. Rhodes, Werner, Trufant, no off field issues there. All clean and won't even need that much teaching.

All-Pro
    The Giants are not afraid to take a chance on a guy with character issues. This is yet another myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaggs View Post
    Holy cow! THERE IS NO DRAFT IN 2014?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Next year we have multiple big name players coming into free agency, including Boothe, Nicks, Tuck, Brandon Myers, Steve Brown, Diehl, Linval Joseph, Andre Brown, and Kieth Rivers just to name a few. Cruz shuld also be on that list since he is not signed technically and is tendered.

We simply will not be able to resign all of them. Likely we wont even be bale to sign but a couple of them.

moral of the story:
    You do not wait until the year a players leave to find his replacement. It isn't possible to do year in and year out.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    A case can be made for Ross. But im with you man. I think this is a solid pick.
    Played great in the post season though.