+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugh again!!!

Pugh again!!!

The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah has mocked Syracuse OL Justin Pugh to the Giants at pick No. 19.

Jeremiah is a big fan of Pugh's, but perhaps the NFL is too. We know about the top three tackles, along with the possibility of D.J. Fluker and the two guards being selected early, but Pugh is a new name. Some project him to guard while others consider him a tackle.

Source: NFL.com
    first Mayock and now Jeremiah.. Am I missing something here?

Drugs are bad ! I guess he and Mayock are on the same prescription.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

What's with the dinosaur mocked to us?

I really don't know much about most prospects. I rely on the analysis of various websites. From what I understand, Pugh is very light on his feet and can move well for a guy his size. However, he has short arms, doesn't seem to have much room to grow physically yet needs to get stronger, and isn't an ideal run blocker.

If that's the case, I'll pass. We need OL that can obviously pass protect, but we really need to improve on run blocking. If we draft an OL in the first they better be the complete package.....Cooper, Warmack, Fluker.
    JR....do it, do it!

1- Eric Ebron- TE
    2- Gabe Jackson- OG
    3- Weston Richburg/Marcus Martin- C
    4- Antonio Richardson- OT
    5a- Anthony Johnson- DT
    5b- Marqueston Huff- FS
    6- Aaron Lynch- DE

Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    I really don't know much about most prospects. I rely on the analysis of various websites. From what I understand, Pugh is very light on his feet and can move well for a guy his size. However, he has short arms, doesn't seem to have much room to grow physically yet needs to get stronger, and isn't an ideal run blocker.

If that's the case, I'll pass. We need OL that can obviously pass protect, but we really need to improve on run blocking. If we draft an OL in the first they better be the complete package.....Cooper, Warmack, Fluker.
    I disagree about Fluker being a complete package. He is not a good pass protector.

My reaction if we draft Justin Pugh

Every time Reese is asked about his philosophy about the draft ( last time ? check out his interview at giants.com posted yesterday ) he mentions: " Size, weight, speed ", Pugh doesn't measure up to those standards.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Larry Warford is ten times the prospect this guy is, and in my opinion, teams would take him over Pugh ... Warford is bigger, stronger, and moves well for his size.. Hes the complete package, and its really not even close...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    first Mayock and now Jeremiah.. Am I missing something here?
    i went to SU. watched this guy for several years. He is a VERY good player. 2 time all big east. was not highly recruited out of high school but became and excellent player in an NFL system under Doug Marrone's read option offense. this knowledge could help out playing against RG3 and like QB's.

He played LT guarding the blind side for Nassib. I believe if the GMEN were to take him, it wouldnt be to play Tackle. Because Pugh has very good athleticism, i can see him used as diehl was for these past several years, playing multiple positions on the line. he would be solid insurance should they decide to not extend boothe next year, as well as a replacement for diehl. I also think if drafted, he could be a candidate to replace Baas at center.

Just my two cents. I personally want Tank or sheldon richardson if he drops, but would be happy to have Pugh as a player to help anchor the line for the next several years.

Considering none of these guys have mocked the Giants right I think we can relax