+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

For those of you that are not happy with our first pick.........

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    Post of the year! LOL

Need to watch some film on this kid. Not a mauler. nothing fancy. But excellent foot work and gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    Need to watch some film on this kid. Not a mauler. nothing fancy. But excellent foot work and gets the job done.
    That's exactly what I saw from watching the game tapes. Look I think he's going to be a good player, but when it comes to first round players I want them to be great.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Too bad he looks like Uncle Ben's Rice in that photoshop LOL. I'm not happy with the draft but I'm not upset either..

It's only the second round, but hopefully something happens so we can address the linebacker issue.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Post of the year! LOL
    lol

Don't hate the kid, but I hate the pick. The 5th best rated player at their respective position is not a 19th overall pick. I hope the best for the guy but this was NOT a BPA pick, don't kid yourself.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Don't hate the kid, but I hate the pick. The 5th best rated player at their respective position is not a 19th overall pick. I hope the best for the guy but this was NOT a BPA pick, don't kid yourself.
    No one said he was an Awesome! pick but that's what the Giants needed and that's what they got. That's how the Giants operate, they go into the draft with a list of players they want and they go get em.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    No one said he was an Awesome! pick but that's what the Giants needed and that's what they got. That's how the Giants operate, they go into the draft with a list of players they want and they go get em.
    That's fine but if you rate every position and their top 5 prospects, you don't get the 5th guy in one position because the other 4 are gone. Especially when you could get another guy who's 2nd best at their position albeit it's a position of slighter need.

I'll admit, when we took JPP I wasn't too thrilled but at least I knew the guy, I heard his name before, he was projected to go in the first. I have seen a million mocks and watched a ton of tape and never even heard of this kid until Mayock's mock the night before and he obviously had some intel about us wanting him.

That doesn't make sense, it doesn't matter if he's the 5th at his position. You wanted the Cowboys pick instead because he was the #1 rated center?