+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran RagTime Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Carlstadt, NJ
    Posts
    3,908

    My Round 1 prediction and why.

    IMO, Reese has hit on 4-straight first round picks (its early on Wilson, but much reason for optimism). The three before that are subject to debate (somewhere else, lol).

    Concerning those 4:

    Nicks was a moderate risk pick at a high-need position.
    JPP was a high-risk pick at a low-need position.
    Prince was (at the time considered) a low-risk pick at a moderate-need position.
    Wilson was a moderate risk pick at a high-need position.

    I think JR is riding pretty high on his recent 1st round success, and is willing to take a gamble again. He has job security and is not afraid of failure.

    I suspect a high-risk / high-reward type of player, and why not at a position of high need for us.

    Survey says. . . .Alec Ogletree

    Not only can he possibly be a home run, but a grand slam. Plus, we're so thin at that position that he could contribute very soon, if not immediately.

    Of course, everything is subject to who falls. If Reese takes him instead of Rhodes, I'll throw my TV out the window.

    But I consider Ogletree a reasonable and realistic scenario. What do you think?
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

  2. #2
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,242
    I think Ogletree may not even go in the 1st round. Just from what I'm hearing, teams are still wary of his OTF concerns.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I think Ogletree may not even go in the 1st round. Just from what I'm hearing, teams are still wary of his OTF concerns.
    I'm liking the Ogletree to the Rams prediction. Jeff Fisher loves him some troubled prospects.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I think Ogletree may not even go in the 1st round. Just from what I'm hearing, teams are still wary of his OTF concerns.
    Maybe I'll eat these words... but I would stop listening to the people saying he's not going in the 1st. I don't see any way that happens.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

  5. #5
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,242
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Maybe I'll eat these words... but I would stop listening to the people saying he's not going in the 1st. I don't see any way that happens.
    I can definitely see him going early day 2. Happens all the time.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I think Ogletree may not even go in the 1st round. Just from what I'm hearing, teams are still wary of his OTF concerns.
    a very talented linebacker with off the field problems.....

    brings to to mind a certain coke-headed ho-monger.......

    didn't we once build a franchise around such off the field qualifications ?
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  7. #7
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    350
    I have to say...the OP brings up a great point. I'm not a big Ogletree fan at all but I can see how his upside is tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  8. #8
    Veteran TAILGATIN''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Posts
    1,300
    I'd like ogle and the reasoning is good. I'm hoping jones can fall to us and also like a lot of the 2round LB prospects.

    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

  9. #9
    If I were to agree with your impressions of Reese and his willingness to take a risk this year, I think it is more likely to be on a player like Tank Carradine.


    I just think Ogletree is a weakside backer in the NFL and of all the LB positions that is the 1 we have a young starter returning. Make no mistake, the last 3 games of last year J Williams was effectively our starting weakside backer. Boley was playing less than 25% of the snaps at that point.


    Carradine is as big a physical freak as there is in the draft this year. That is, if your willing to take a chance on his knee.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    If I were to agree with your impressions of Reese and his willingness to take a risk this year, I think it is more likely to be on a player like Tank Carradine.


    I just think Ogletree is a weakside backer in the NFL and of all the LB positions that is the 1 we have a young starter returning. Make no mistake, the last 3 games of last year J Williams was effectively our starting weakside backer. Boley was playing less than 25% of the snaps at that point.


    Carradine is as big a physical freak as there is in the draft this year. That is, if your willing to take a chance on his knee.
    This, if he is feeling like taking a risk I think( and hope) is Carradine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts