+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Round 1 prediction and why.

My Round 1 prediction and why.

IMO, Reese has hit on 4-straight first round picks (its early on Wilson, but much reason for optimism). The three before that are subject to debate (somewhere else, lol).

Concerning those 4:

Nicks was a moderate risk pick at a high-need position.
    JPP was a high-risk pick at a low-need position.
    Prince was (at the time considered) a low-risk pick at a moderate-need position.
    Wilson was a moderate risk pick at a high-need position.

I think JR is riding pretty high on his recent 1st round success, and is willing to take a gamble again. He has job security and is not afraid of failure.

I suspect a high-risk / high-reward type of player, and why not at a position of high need for us.

Survey says. . . .Alec Ogletree

Not only can he possibly be a home run, but a grand slam. Plus, we're so thin at that position that he could contribute very soon, if not immediately.

Of course, everything is subject to who falls. If Reese takes him instead of Rhodes, I'll throw my TV out the window.

But I consider Ogletree a reasonable and realistic scenario. What do you think?
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

I think Ogletree may not even go in the 1st round. Just from what I'm hearing, teams are still wary of his OTF concerns.

I have to say...the OP brings up a great point. I'm not a big Ogletree fan at all but I can see how his upside is tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I think Ogletree may not even go in the 1st round. Just from what I'm hearing, teams are still wary of his OTF concerns.
    I'm liking the Ogletree to the Rams prediction. Jeff Fisher loves him some troubled prospects.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I'd like ogle and the reasoning is good. I'm hoping jones can fall to us and also like a lot of the 2round LB prospects.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

If I were to agree with your impressions of Reese and his willingness to take a risk this year, I think it is more likely to be on a player like Tank Carradine.

I just think Ogletree is a weakside backer in the NFL and of all the LB positions that is the 1 we have a young starter returning. Make no mistake, the last 3 games of last year J Williams was effectively our starting weakside backer. Boley was playing less than 25% of the snaps at that point.

Carradine is as big a physical freak as there is in the draft this year. That is, if your willing to take a chance on his knee.

I don't find the reasoning logical. JR is not going into the draft thinking, "who am I going to draft that is high risk/high reward?" At 19 someone will fall to him and he will be plucked up like low hanging fruit.
    Do not feed the trolls.

New Predicition for me here:

We Trade down! I know...crazy! We trade down with the Vikings to 25 and get their 3rd rounder as well (#83). The Vikings are crazy for Te'o(why?) and want to get in front of the Bears who seem to like him a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    IMO, Reese has hit on 4-straight first round picks (its early on Wilson, but much reason for optimism). The three before that are subject to debate (somewhere else, lol).

Concerning those 4:

Nicks was a moderate risk pick at a high-need position.
    JPP was a high-risk pick at a low-need position.
    Prince was (at the time considered) a low-risk pick at a moderate-need position.
    Wilson was a moderate risk pick at a high-need position.

I think JR is riding pretty high on his recent 1st round success, and is willing to take a gamble again. He has job security and is not afraid of failure.

I suspect a high-risk / high-reward type of player, and why not at a position of high need for us.

Survey says. . . .Alec Ogletree

Not only can he possibly be a home run, but a grand slam. Plus, we're so thin at that position that he could contribute very soon, if not immediately.

Of course, everything is subject to who falls. If Reese takes him instead of Rhodes, I'll throw my TV out the window.

But I consider Ogletree a reasonable and realistic scenario. What do you think?
    Not my choice but as you mention that's a reasonable and realistic scenario.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    If I were to agree with your impressions of Reese and his willingness to take a risk this year, I think it is more likely to be on a player like Tank Carradine.

I just think Ogletree is a weakside backer in the NFL and of all the LB positions that is the 1 we have a young starter returning. Make no mistake, the last 3 games of last year J Williams was effectively our starting weakside backer. Boley was playing less than 25% of the snaps at that point.

Carradine is as big a physical freak as there is in the draft this year. That is, if your willing to take a chance on his knee.
    This, if he is feeling like taking a risk I think( and hope) is Carradine

+ Reply to Thread