+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Round 1 prediction and why.

Xavier Rhodes I don't think JR passes on him has the height, weight, speed JR looks for in a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I think Ogletree may not even go in the 1st round. Just from what I'm hearing, teams are still wary of his OTF concerns.
    Maybe I'll eat these words... but I would stop listening to the people saying he's not going in the 1st. I don't see any way that happens.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    Xavier Rhodes I don't think JR passes on him has the height, weight, speed JR looks for in a prospect.
    Agree. Even if we were super high on Ogletree I don't see how we pass on Rhodes for Tree. If Warmack or Rhodes (or Milliner according to walterfootball) are still there at 19 (don't see either happening) there's nothing to think about.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Maybe I'll eat these words... but I would stop listening to the people saying he's not going in the 1st. I don't see any way that happens.
    I can definitely see him going early day 2. Happens all the time.

Let me ask you all this:

Do any of you think he has the size to play MLB in the NFL? And let's not talk about "bulking-up" more than 10lbs., because that doesn't usually happen.

And if he's strictly a WLB, does that stop us from taking him?? Remember how important the nickel is these days (I don't think he and JWill are mutually exclusive).
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Let me ask you all this:

Do any of you think he has the size to play MLB in the NFL? And let's not talk about "bulking-up" more than 10lbs., because that doesn't usually happen.

And if he's strictly a WLB, does that stop us from taking him?? Remember how important the nickel is these days (I don't think he and JWill are mutually exclusive).
    Obviously his DUI gave some doubts about his character but that been said he has the size and ability to play multiple positions at LB and would fit in Fewell's system IMO but the jury is still out on him. We will find out if he gets drafted soon or what the Giants do if available.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

depending on who else is available at the pick, I wouldn't mind. The Giants do have a history with troubled players, think Jason Peters, Kerry Collins, Ahmed Bradshaw to name a few off the top of my head. I think they have the support systems in place to help keep these types of players on a clean line.

Banned
    LOL all of our first round guys are known for high character. Ogletree is the exact opposite. And he's undersized for a MIKE so he'll be a WILL which are rarely drafted in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I think Ogletree may not even go in the 1st round. Just from what I'm hearing, teams are still wary of his OTF concerns.
    a very talented linebacker with off the field problems.....

brings to to mind a certain coke-headed ho-monger.......

didn't we once build a franchise around such off the field qualifications ?
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    IMO, Reese has hit on 4-straight first round picks (its early on Wilson, but much reason for optimism). The three before that are subject to debate (somewhere else, lol).

Concerning those 4:

Nicks was a moderate risk pick at a high-need position.
    JPP was a high-risk pick at a low-need position.
    Prince was (at the time considered) a low-risk pick at a moderate-need position.
    Wilson was a moderate risk pick at a high-need position.

I think JR is riding pretty high on his recent 1st round success, and is willing to take a gamble again. He has job security and is not afraid of failure.

I suspect a high-risk / high-reward type of player, and why not at a position of high need for us.

Survey says. . . .Alec Ogletree

Not only can he possibly be a home run, but a grand slam. Plus, we're so thin at that position that he could contribute very soon, if not immediately.

Of course, everything is subject to who falls. If Reese takes him instead of Rhodes, I'll throw my TV out the window.

But I consider Ogletree a reasonable and realistic scenario. What do you think?
    I'll go with OT Watson... need + ability + high upside

+ Reply to Thread