+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Linebacker draft fun fact

We haven't drafted a linebacker in round 1 since LT and I don't think we break that trend this year.

Actually, it was Banks in '84.

Veteran
    Ogletree, Te'o, Brown are all first round possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Actually, it was Banks in '84.
    Can't believe that was 29 years ago.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Ogletree, Te'o, Brown are all first round possibilities
    they might be possibilities, but if there are other players on our board when we pick with smililar draft values there is no way we pick a linebacker. We dont value that position very highly.

When you break the three down further, it doesn't appear Coughlin is very impressed with Teo and considering his baggage, I dont think so. As far as Ogletree, the Giants arent a team that draft players in the first round with questionable pasts. They stay away from those types of players. Brown is interesting, he's small but I like him. He seems like a high character kid, but I think he projects late first round into the second.

I don't think we end up with any of these guys unless brown slips to round 2

I think Minter, Greene, Bostic and Sio Moore will be options in rounds 2/3.. I don't see a LB taken in the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Cags View Post
    they might be possibilities, but if there are other players on our board when we pick with smililar draft values there is no way we pick a linebacker. We dont value that position very highly.
    I don't agree with this at all. Giants have drafted more linebackers than any other position under Reese. And he drafted sintim in the 2nd round. If a linebacker is the top player on their board they will take him

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. Giants have drafted more linebackers than any other position under Reese. And he drafted sintim in the 2nd round. If a linebacker is the top player on their board they will take him
    I think they pick a linebacker in the first only if players at positions they value higher are off the board. They just dont value the position highly. I stand by my evaluation of the three mentioned linebackers, if you want to add another one to the mix that we could pick please do so

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Can't believe that was 29 years ago.
    shut up! you're giving away our ages!!!
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

The scenarios are certainly swirling, Ogletree and Teo have been mentioned. Certainly could happen this year; however, last year I didn't think they would pick a RB in the first round (you know, with the Dayne experience and all) and they did. Think they will take the best player available in the 1st. I think 3-6 they pick for future need.