+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranking The Five NFL Teams That Are Best At Drafting

Ranking The Five NFL Teams That Are Best At Drafting

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...st-at-drafting

Excerpt: "New York Giants

I really debated who to give my fifth team to. GM Jerry Reese's first draft in 2007 was littered with contributors that led directly to a title. His second draft was even better for a few years until injuries hit, and he's found stars like Hakeem Nicks and Jason Pierre-Paul since in later spots. 2011 was not a strong draft led by Prince Amukumara and it's too early to tell on 2012, but Reese is consistently smart and solid." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Reese's first two picks are usually gold ... and he usually has one late round pick that turns out to be great value (Bradshaw, Williams, etc ...).

In general I agree with what the article said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Reese's first two picks are usually gold ... and he usually has one late round pick that turns out to be great value (Bradshaw, Williams, etc ...).

In general I agree with what the article said.
    1st picks are always good....After Austin/Sintim, cant afford anymore crap 2nd round picks.....Mid-late rounders have been questionable...

I think Reese has done a good job. No one is perfect and projected plays don't always pan out the way you think they will. I'm glad this team goes for value over positional need. Seems to be the better option for us and has payed out well in the past..

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    1st picks are always good....After Austin/Sintim, cant afford anymore crap 2nd round picks.....Mid-late rounders have been questionable...
    Sintim definitely did not play out well at all... I think Austin will have to prove his worth this year. I give Austin a little bit of a break because of the fact he did not play his last year in college then he was drafted the year where there was no OTA's and little pre season activities to get into shape and get used to the system. He is kind of like Jernigan from the standpoint that they were drafted the same year and they had little time to get used to the playbook. Jernigan was in a totally different offense and he said last year in the pre season that he was still trying to get used to the terminology and the exact timing and execution of his routes. The way I see it for those two it is their 2nd year in the league and still can make an impact IMO...

+ Reply to Thread