+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch out for Alex Okafor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Not that good a player. Not explosive or in any way a special athlete. 3rd round for me at best
    He was one of the most productive DE's in the draft class and he did it against the toughest competition. And no, he's had the same amount of sacks under 3 seconds with guys like Mingo ro Dion Jordan..

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Plus, I haven't seem a single mock with him going in the first round.
    Which means absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    We will see. But generally teams dont fall in love with unathletic DEs.
    Not sure if you saw my edit. He was a half a sack away from being 2nd in the country in sacks. He was regarded as one of the best players at the senior bowl and many called him the top DE at practice even when moving to the opposite side he played in college. Crazy for an unathletic, unimpressive player.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    He was one of the most productive DE's in the draft class and he did it against the toughest competition. And no, he's had the same amount of sacks under 3 seconds with guys like Mingo ro Dion Jordan..
    Production out of context means nothing.

Lets not forget Greg Jones was like 2nd in college football in tackles, and Tyler Sash I believe led CFB in interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Not sure if you saw my edit. He was a half a sack away from being 2nd in the country in sacks. He was regarded as one of the best players at the senior bowl and many called him the top DE at practice even when moving to the opposite side he played in college. Crazy for an unathletic, unimpressive player.
    Dont care about his college production. Meaningless.

Hes not a quick twitch, doesnt have any burst, and isnt overly strong either. Hes a guy who beat people in college with technique.

It wont translate particularly well.

NFL ready, but no upside at all.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-25-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post

Which means absolutely nothing.
    It means nothing when a guy is claiming that a player is "shooting up" draft boards? Hmmm

+ Reply to Thread