+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

Any fans out there? Great show. Great book series

Calling Drez. Oh Drez, calling Drez. Drez? Step right up.

Banned
    Yup, read the books and I follow the tv series. I think they are doing a pretty good job so far in portraying the characters and plot of the book so far. They have left out little tidbits here and there but overall its been fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Yup, read the books and I follow the tv series. I think they are doing a pretty good job so far in portraying the characters and plot of the book so far. They have left out little tidbits here and there but overall its been fun to watch.
    Some of the changes hsve been good. Have to cut stuff as the books are massive. Tyrion is awesome. I read the books after seeing season one so Neds fate took me by surprise. Awesome

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SiddFinch1 View Post
    Some of the changes hsve been good. Have to cut stuff as the books are massive. Tyrion is awesome. I read the books after seeing season one so Neds fate took me by surprise. Awesome
    I don't like how they introduced the unsullied last episode. These are supposed to be the best soldiers in the entire world and yet there was no backstory given in the show. The whole Dany/Pyat Pree storyline wasn't too in depth either.

I'm glad I didn't finish the books actually. Because listening to people nitpick plot points is horrific to me lol. To me this is the best show ever, and if it has to stray from the books since it's limited tv time, so be it. I'll read the books afterwards for further clarification.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Read the books and watch the show. The 3rd season is really staying true to the books IMO. Minor differences, but whatever.

Very great book though.

I like the changes. Arya at harrehall with tywinn was better than in the book with roose.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Read the books and watch the show. The 3rd season is really staying true to the books IMO. Minor differences, but whatever.

Very great book though.
    I can't watch S3 until it goes up on Amazon, but that's what I've been getting from friends that have watched this season. S2 followed the books about 50%, and even though there were a handful of things I didn't particularly like about it, I understand that they had to tighten things up. I just had to make myself realize that the books and show are separate entities.

Speaking of tightening things up, doing books 4 and 5 should be interesting to see how they play it out.

Apparently Book 3 will be split into two seasons.

I want to see the Red Viper vs. The Mountain fight!

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner