+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: First Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Wilson might​ have been a reach, but Prince certainly wasn't. Neither was JPP the year prior.
    Wilson def was a reach but i felt there was other talent available in those other drafts. Im glad we got JPP but prince was not a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I would have been happy with any number of picks, including Werner, Rhodes, Floyd or Eifert. But I am more than willing to concede that the FO knows much more about these players and about football in general than I do, so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    Which in other words means that you will blindly accept any pick made.

I don't really understand your outrage. Is it so burdensome to ask someone who is trashing the pick to say who they would have chosen instead?
    What outrage? This isn't about you asking Harooni who he'd take, it's you going around and criticizing anyone who is upset with the pick.

And I would have taken any of the guys you mentioned. But of course, the flaw in your logic is that if we did take a guy like Werner (who you've been cross-examining posters who wanted him, specifically as to why he wasn't picked up until that point in time), and everyone was complaining that we didn't take Pugh -- you'd be criticizing them in the same manner.

If you're just gonna defer to the FO, why even discuss the draft on here?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    It is a full moon tonight Harooni, so the homers are defintely out in full force tonight. Pugh may turn out to be a pretty good O-linemen, but I agree that he was a reach as well. I did not see one mock draft that had him going in the 1st rd.

But you are always going to have the fans who think that everything Reese and the Giants do is the best thing since sliced bread.

Personally I am all for addressing the O-line to help Eli and the run game. But I am shocked that they passed on Floyd, Werner, Rhodes, Trufant. Our defense was ranked 31st last season. Then you have teams like the Hawks, Skins and 49ers running these pistol and read option offenses. The Giants could have selected one of the above listed players at 19 and selected Pugh in the 2nd rd if they were so in love with him.
    This was a very good post.

Our offense was stupid, and our offensive line was inconsistent, but our defense was so terribly terribly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    This was a very good post.

Our offense was stupid, and our offensive line was inconsistent, but our defense was so terribly terribly bad.
    I'm very surprised we went OL. I thought we were going to draft DL or CB. I'm willing to give Reese the benefit of the doubt, though.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    It is a full moon tonight Harooni, so the homers are defintely out in full force tonight. Pugh may turn out to be a pretty good O-linemen, but I agree that he was a reach as well. I did not see one mock draft that had him going in the 1st rd.

But you are always going to have the fans who think that everything Reese and the Giants do is the best thing since sliced bread.

Personally I am all for addressing the O-line to help Eli and the run game. But I am shocked that they passed on Floyd, Werner, Rhodes, Trufant. Our defense was ranked 31st last season. Then you have teams like the Hawks, Skins and 49ers running these pistol and read option offenses. The Giants could have selected one of the above listed players at 19 and selected Pugh in the 2nd rd if they were so in love with him.
    nice post agreed.

Coughlin using his Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I'm very surprised we went OL. I thought we were going to draft DL or CB. I'm willing to give Reese the benefit of the doubt, though.
    So in other words you will just blindly accept any pick made? Why even come on here and discuss draft picks then?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Which in other words means that you will blindly accept any pick made.

What outrage? This isn't about you asking Harooni who he'd take, it's you going around and criticizing anyone who is upset with the pick.

And I would have taken any of the guys you mentioned. But of course, the flaw in your logic is that if we did take a guy like Werner (who you've been cross-examining posters who wanted him, specifically as to why he wasn't picked up until that point in time), and everyone was complaining that we didn't take Pugh -- you'd be criticizing them in the same manner.

If you're just gonna defer to the FO, why even discuss the draft on here?
    Please name THE player you wanted to draft instead, so that I can write it down and remind you about your opinion for all of eternity.

Banned
    Guys, Jerry Reese reached terribly. He picked a project player that won't be starting, and will only pan out to be a Greg Reugamer in his career. You heard it from Harooni first.

i want to like the pick but i just watched his highlight film and he doesnt look super strong or super athletic. sure he might be fundamentally sound in all areas, making him versatile. but i dont see how we couldnt have taken someone with more dominant ability.

So in other words you will just blindly accept any pick made? Why even come on here and discuss draft picks then?
    If Reese chose it, it is not blindly accepting.