+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What a disgrace!! Pugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    So you've seen Pugh projected top 20? Mayock is the first I've heard about anything close to that & that was this week.....find me one reliable source that states that this 6'4 300 lb tackle with short arms & a unimpressive senior bowl week is a top 20 talent
    Well reliable resources typically aren't members of the media. They're working for professional teams. For what it's worth, Mayock, Muench and Jeremiah had them in top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Even if he is, who cares? Its right tackle. We have 2 corners on the roster in 2014, only one guaranteed to be good. We have no pass rush because everyone will chip and double team JPP, we also have no longterm solution at 3tech. With those positions needed, who the **** cares who your RT is?
    I understand the frustration ... but look at what you're saying. CB is a position where we don't have a problem starting rookies, so not a needed component this year (although it did hurt watching Rhodes slide past us). And there wasn't a single eye-popping pass rusher in this draft, much less where we picked. Werner would have been nice but he's not a pure pass rusher. Look at the Lions blowing a TOP 5 pick on a pass rusher who had 5 sacks!

You call Pugh a reach (and so do I) but he's not a desperation pick. And there were A LOT of those so far this draft (Kyle Long in the first LAWLAWLAWL!).

And the first time Wilson breaks a 60 yard TD run through the right side, remember this conversation. Because I think there's going to be a lot of them.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 04-26-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I understand the frustration ... but look at what you're saying. CB is a position where we don't have a problem starting rookies, so not a needed component this year (although it did hurt watching Rhodes slide past us). And there wasn't a single eye-popping pass rusher in this draft, much less where we picked. Werner would have been nice but he's not a pure pass rusher. Look at the Lions blowing a TOP 5 pick on a pass rusher who had 5 sacks!

You call Pugh a reach (and so do I) but he's not a desperation pick. And there were A LOT of those so far this draft (Kyle Long in the first LAWLAWLAWL!)
    Clay Matthews had 3.5 his Senior year, Aldon Smith had 4.5 his drafted year ,he had 20 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    While all the FA RTs will end up signing for not much $$$ because its not a high value position, we spend a top 20 pick on a guy that might not even cut it at tackle & have to become a guard where he'll sit the bench for a year...
    Yeah but the FA RTs are smelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Clay Matthews had 3.5 his Senior year, Aldon Smith had 4.5 his drafted year ,he had 20 last season.
    Neither were a Top 5 pick.

And both had much more upside than Ansah at the time. That's not to say Ansah (or any pick) won't turn out to be a great player in the NFL. But the Ansah pick was pure desperation in trying to turn Combine hype into something more than we've seen on film.

Having said that, Lining him up next to Suh should be fun to watch.

The point being that this draft doesn't have the perceived eye-popping talent of some past drafts, so instead of trying to make a dragon out of smoke, the Giants got the guy they really wanted.

He's a more complete prospect than Fluker, a better pass blocker, but without the girth for the run game. The way o line was getting snatched up they couldn't wait to pull the trigger. Also, I like Floyd as much as anybody, he's a special talent, but there's a reason he fell, NFL teams clearly saw or know something we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
    He's a more complete prospect than Fluker, a better pass blocker, but without the girth for the run game. The way o line was getting snatched up they couldn't wait to pull the trigger. Also, I like Floyd as much as anybody, he's a special talent, but there's a reason he fell, NFL teams clearly saw or know something we don't.
    Actually Pugh is a really excellent run blocker.

We'll see how he translates at the NFL level.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 53canton View Post
    31st ranked defense!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Osi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Werner was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well maybe the Giants FO knows there is a lot of DEs and or DTs and LBs that will be there in the later rounds that maybe are not the popular picks but still will be able to come in and be solid starters for years to come for the Giants. With all the OLineman that came off the Boards so Quickly last night if the giants didn't pull the trigger on one when they did they may have not been to much left to choose from in later rounds. And whos to say if Warmack and Fluker were both available when we came up that JR wouldn't have drafted Pugh anyway. HE is KNOWN to do that. He has won the Giants two SBs in six Seasons drafting his way. So yea I was upset last night but after sleeping it off I realize that more times then not he is RIGHT when evaluating talent
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Damontre Moore, Alex Okafor, Tank Carradine, Margus Hunt ... all of these guys had first round grades at some point or another after the 2012 NCAA season.

Tons of talent left on the boards at DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Neither were a Top 5 pick.

And both had much more upside than Ansah at the time. That's not to say Ansah (or any pick) won't turn out to be a great player in the NFL. But the Ansah pick was pure desperation in trying to turn Combine hype into something more than we've seen on film.

Having said that, Lining him up next to Suh should be fun to watch.

The point being that this draft doesn't have the perceived eye-popping talent of some past drafts, so instead of trying to make a dragon out of smoke, the Giants got the guy they really wanted.
    Ansah has the same upside as both of em, if not more.. And thats the whole point, the lions havte seen what guys like Matthews, JPP, and Aldon Smith have turned into, so its a "hot" time to try for some of these high upisde pass rushers.. Its one of the l smartest draft picks of the draft, if not thee.. How do u think the teams that let Aldon Smith, JPP, and Matthews pass them by feel?

U act like the guy didn't produce.. He produced all around, and not just sacks.. Jason pierre paul also only had 6 sacks....Not far off of Ansah's..

+ Reply to Thread