+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pugh's draft profile

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Very short arms. Lacks ideal offensive tackle size. Doesn't possess a lot of core strength, can be bull rushed back. Not a quick twitch athlete, doesn't respond well to sudden moves. Hand usage is inconsistent.

NFL Comparison
    Sam Baker

he lacks adequate arm length and size to stick at offensive tackle going forward. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

we will be lucky if he turns out like a Diehl.
    You are my favorite poster ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yeah a reach indeed. could have been had later . desperate move to help the oline with pass protection and run blocking.
    Later for who? zero chance he would be there when we pick in round 2. The short arms thing, while good to note, does not really mean anything...especially if he moves inside. The fact that he can play multiple positions is a great asset for us and, as you noted, zone blocking is out thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    There are guys still out there like Arthur Brown, Kevin Minter, Jonathan Bostic, Kiko Alonso, Khaseem Greene, Nico Johnson and dare I say Te'o.
    Heck ya, u can say Te'o! Te'o in the 2nd would be great..

Banned
    Who is eating crow so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Manning View Post
    I was eating crow by week 2 lol...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

I remember I wasn't that excited over the pick at all because I figured that he could have been had in the 2nd coming into the draft and would have loved the pick but there was a giant run on OL... Worked out well so I will eat my crow lol

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Was a solid pick...

Hard to get giddy over O-Lineman anyways..

Luckily for us we hit a good one with Pugh.
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Still a bit early to say. I mean, he wasen't the problem and showed some promise and got a full yr under his belt, but he wasen't always dominant, and are line as a whole did not improve at all.. I'm on record as not liking the last 2 drafts by Reese, and even with Pugh, the draft as a whole paid very few dividens this past season. So hard for anyone to eat crow for anything yet. No one exactly hated pugh, just thought the value was bad. Most think we could of had him in RD2.. I tend to agree.

Grading someone in the 2nd round isnt an insult its still a projected starter at RT. My biggest issue with drafting Pugh was passing on Cordy Glenn the year before who i rated much higher for David Wilson. That to me made absolutely no sense and showed very little organizational planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Grading someone in the 2nd round isnt an insult its still a projected starter at RT. My biggest issue with drafting Pugh was passing on Cordy Glenn the year before who i rated much higher for David Wilson. That to me made absolutely no sense and showed very little organizational planning.
    Ahh.. What could have been.. Glenn is a beast

+ Reply to Thread