+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reese making mistakes now. Why man with short arms? A DE with long arms and reach can use his hands to keep his body away and run around the short arm man who needs to get real close to touch someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Very short arms. Lacks ideal offensive tackle size. Doesn't possess a lot of core strength, can be bull rushed back. Not a quick twitch athlete, doesn't respond well to sudden moves. Hand usage is inconsistent.

NFL Comparison
    Sam Baker

he lacks adequate arm length and size to stick at offensive tackle going forward. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

we will be lucky if he turns out like a Diehl.
    Be honest . . .had you ever even heard of Pugh before tonight?

Why do you refuse to say who you would have drafted instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I just realize I don't even know who Sam Baker is
    haha

Veteran
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2013OT.php

"Pugh had a solid career protecting Nassib's blind side, but for the NFL, he looks like he probably should be a guard in a zone-blocking system. That, along with him not looking like a starting tackle, hurts the number of teams that could consider Pugh. His disappointing weak and undersized status make him look more like a mid-round pick rather than the top-32 selection some have suggested."

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Reese making mistakes now. Why man with short arms? A DE with long arms and reach can use his hands to keep his body away and run around the short arm man who needs to get real close to touch someone.
    you would think a guy that gets pushed back would be a no no for a team looking to improve 3rd 4th and goaline shorts.

with all due respect that was all of his negatives from NFL.com,you didn't bother to give us the positives it had on there,yeah I know everyone wanted someone other than OL but the kid is here now.I myself wanted Olgatree being we need playmaking LBs and I too was upset,but honestly we do need help on the O-line so I will run with this and cheer for this pick.We still have 7 other picks to add to the D

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2013OT.php

"Pugh had a solid career protecting Nassib's blind side, but for the NFL, he looks like he probably should be a guard in a zone-blocking system. That, along with him not looking like a starting tackle, hurts the number of teams that could consider Pugh. His disappointing weak and undersized status make him look more like a mid-round pick rather than the top-32 selection some have suggested."
    yeah a reach indeed. could have been had later . desperate move to help the oline with pass protection and run blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    Scouts Inc. gives him a score of 91. Lot's of respected scouts predicted that he was first round talent. Who wrote up that profile? You?

Since you can predict he'll be no better than Diehl, can you give me the numbers to this week's lotto?
    +10000

Quote Originally Posted by cornerback30 View Post
    with all due respect that was all of his negatives from NFL.com,you didn't bother to give us the positives it had on there,yeah I know everyone wanted someone other than OL but the kid is here now.I myself wanted Olgatree being we need playmaking LBs and I too was upset,but honestly we do need help on the O-line so I will run with this and cheer for this pick.We still have 7 other picks to add to the D
    I understand what you have said and I was one of the posters who said we needed O-linemen. Yet I wish Reese would have got the inside lb we also need as well insstead of a player who may not be good. It is just like picking no pick in the first round.

oline was great but not at 19 with the top 6 off the board , people wake up