+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Very short arms. Lacks ideal offensive tackle size. Doesn't possess a lot of core strength, can be bull rushed back. Not a quick twitch athlete, doesn't respond well to sudden moves. Hand usage is inconsistent.

NFL Comparison
    Sam Baker

he lacks adequate arm length and size to stick at offensive tackle going forward. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

we will be lucky if he turns out like a Diehl.
    I'm not going to go crazy over "small arms." I think that's ridiculous. The guy is supposed to be very versatile and smart. I don't like him at 19, but I think that he'll be a very good player for us and I trust the FO.

oline was great but not at 19 with the top 6 off the board , people wake up
    I will ask you for a 10th time . .. . who would you have taken instead?

Awful pick..

With Rhodes and Werner still on the board? WTF? If this was the BPA then giants need new scouts. I seriously cant believe we picked a depth player with the 19th pick in the draft.. Especially when the draft is deep with 2-3 rd OL talent.

Worse pick in the last 5 years. Mark it down, in 5 years if I am wrong I will eat crow. But this pick is pathetic and an absolute reach.

oline was great but not at 19 with the top 6 off the board , people wake up
    Yeah.

The only redeeming thing in all of this is that Whoever-the-**** Long went to Chicago the pick after. Seriously, the Bears definitely one-upped us on the 1st round reaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Banned
    Very short arms. Lacks ideal offensive tackle size. Doesn't possess a lot of core strength, can be bull rushed back. Not a quick twitch athlete, doesn't respond well to sudden moves. Hand usage is inconsistent.

NFL Comparison
    Sam Baker

he lacks adequate arm length and size to stick at offensive tackle going forward. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

we will be lucky if he turns out like a Diehl.
    Here is one i have:
    Exceptional pass protector who has excellent balance, and manages to mirror pass rushers to keep them out of the backfield. Has excellent hands that he sets and re-sets if rocked, sinks his hips to counter power moves and rarely gets beat off the line. His pass protecting is among the best in the nation. Has good power when in-line blocking and works well in space, has good balance and initial surge to knock defenders back, very good lateral ability to seal off the edge. Works to the next level and plays to the whistle, good blitz recognition and his coaches have commented how he picks up the blocking schemes quickly. Finishes his blocks and shows a toughness and core strength that will make him a good prospect at either the left tackle or right tackle position

Certainly I'm just parroting what many have said since this pick: BPA is a sham...a facade. I would have rather had Justin Hunter. The scary part is how fast they put the pick in. They didn't even consider a trade back. Jerry is truly, unequivically...a ****ing Imgrate.
    Giants do a crappy job working the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Yeah.
    Strictly better than Fluker - and i would wager no one would bash that pick because his name is all over the ESPN and on the internets.

DRAFT ANALYSIS:
    "I told you it wasn't sexy, but I love the pick. He can play left tackle. He can play right tackle. He can play left guard. He can play right guard." -- Mike Mayock

The only redeeming thing in all of this is that Whoever-the-**** Long went to Chicago the pick after. Seriously, the Bears definitely one-upped us on the 1st round reaches.
    I had Kyle Long "Chris Longs brother" rated aboue Pugh actually