+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do the Giants and Cowboys have in common?

They both have GMs named Jerry reaching for OL...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Frederick was even a worse reach he was 102 on my list

Yeah I was okay with Pugh. Yes he was a reach at 19, but given how Joeckel Fisher Johnson Warmack and Cooper were all off the board by 7 (and Fluker went at 11, despite some even lowering HIM into the 2nd round), I'm not complaining to hard. That's a MASSIVE run on OL, our greatest position of need (we've got some FA to patch up a bunch of the defense for a year, but absolutely nothing on the OL).

Frederick on the other hand, was just a stupid pick...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 04-25-2013 at 11:53 PM.

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

There are still some good prospects available for the 2nd and 3rd so I hope we get someone with a little more upside tomorrow.

Yeah but Frederick wasn't 19th overall. There's a difference. Still a bad pick for the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    There are still some good prospects available for the 2nd and 3rd so I hope we get someone with a little more upside tomorrow.
    Jamar Taylor, Jonathan Banks, Cornellius Carradine. Those are my top guys right now.

I usually laugh at most when they cry over picks...but it's easy to see the reasoning for the pick every year....
    I'm still waiting for someone to make a valid argument for Pugh, 1st of all I don't believe in drafting a non LT tackle in the top 20...it's just not smart IMO....for example, Sean locker stepped in for peanuts & was a noticeable upgrade to our line.....RT is not a position teams panic to fix......looking back 5 years from now, would rather say "we got a good RT at 19" or we got a shut down corner w/ Rhodes? Or we got a legit threat at DT (wich we don't have)...Or we got a 10+ sack year DE with Werner/carradine/jones?? Come on now!!

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Jamar Taylor, Jonathan Banks, Cornellius Carradine. Those are my top guys right now.
    I'm thinking one of Te'o, Brown, or Minter will fall to us. I'm happy that Reese is not on the Ogletrain...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm thinking one of Te'o, Brown, or Minter will fall to us. I'm happy that Reese is not on the Ogletrain...
    Yeah I forgot Brown. I'd be happy with Sio Moore too. I'd take Moore over Minter but that's just me. I'm all flustered right now...I can't even think str8.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Yeah I forgot Brown. I'd be happy with Sio Moore too. I'd take Moore over Minter but that's just me. I'm all flustered right now...I can't even think str8.
    I know that feel bro. We were all laughing about the Pugh mock last night and look what happened haha. I mean we could have taken Quessenberry from San Jose State if we were looking for a mobile, versatile OL like Pugh. I'll be thrilled if we can get someone like Justin Hunter, Arthur Brown, Damontre Moore, etc tomorrow.