+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about them Cowboys !

How about them Cowboys !

They picked my boy Travis up in the 1st round. Good prospect but they screw up leapfrogging a lot of talent and value. Travis was at best a 2nd round prospect and was in all boards as a 3rd round value player.
    Bittersweet feeling.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I don't mind the pick. I'm not thrilled about it, but my enthusiasm went out the window when the 5 legitimate lineman were all gone by pick 10. Hell Fluker is 2nd round talent and he was gone by 11.

The Cowboys need to cultivate talent on OL and Frederick was probably the best center in the draft. I highly doubt he would have been there any later and I think all the 1st round grade talent was gone by the time 18 rolled around.

If the Cowboys had've traded back again I would have been furious. So, I guess I'm okay with the pick. I'm certainly glad they didn't waste the pick on Lacy.

Either way you spin it they reached a lot to get my boy ignoring so much value at S, DT and DE.
    That been said agree that top 5 OL were gone and did good trading down but I disagree DJ was a 2 nd round prospect. Don't kid yourself because Fluker was their guy at 18th if available.
    Frederick's value is that he can play all thru out the inside of the line but he is not that good in space or pulling across the line, he is just a great mauler, roadgrader kind of player.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Either way you spin it they reached a lot to get my boy ignoring so much value at S, DT and DE.
    That been said agree that top 5 OL were gone and did good trading down but I disagree DJ was a 2 nd round prospect. Don't kid yourself because Fluker was their guy at 18th if available.
    Frederick's value is that he can play all thru out the inside of the line but he is not that good in space or pulling across the line, he is just a great mauler, roadgrader kind of player.
    Not trying to spin it. Like I said, I don't mind the pick, but I'm not thrilled about it either.

Agree to disagree about Fluker. I've heard many reports that Fluker wasn't even on their radar. I think they were initially hoping for Richardson or Vacarro if they couldn't get their hands on one of the big 5. But we'll never know for sure I suppose.

That's the whole point in the " science " of drafting, not missing or striking out even less in a 1st rounder and for that matter I think Travis is going to be a heck of a player but again the point of the thread is that the Cowboys reached a lot to get Travis ignoring tons of value and needs. That could end up biting the 'Boys in the rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    That's the whole point in the " science " of drafting, not missing or striking out even less in a 1st rounder and for that matter I think Travis is going to be a heck of a player but again the point of the thread is that the Cowboys reached a lot to get Travis ignoring tons of value and needs. That could end up biting the 'Boys in the rear end.
    What tons of value and needs did we exactly give up though? There was no one left really. When it came to the 31st pick, they clearly went need over BPA. I like the pick, maybe he could have been there in the 2nd(probably not) but there was not much else to choose from.

I would have stayed at 18 and got the BPA(Floyd) but it is what it is. There is still quite a bit of talent left tomorrow, we have to get a safety at some point.

Banned
    jerry's an idiot. bottom line.

Terrible pick! Jones freaked out and got impatient. Bad drafting, crappy salary cap and Jerry is ****ing up the cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    jerry's an idiot. bottom line.
    For the record, Jerry Jones that is.

glad they didn't take Floyd..

+ Reply to Thread