+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about them Cowboys !

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Jerry is ****ing up the cowboys
    He's just continuing what he started.

Veteran
    I don't think Jerry Jones is stupid, but I do feel he makes more stupid decisions than most GMs.

I like the overall message in the sign but those were some of the most annoying looking Cowboys fans I've ever seen. Is that what you guys deal with in NY?

Their reaction to the pick was embarrassing. I'm still not enamored with the pick but it was hardly a bad one.

I was absolutely shocked they didnt go safety with that pick. Elam, Cyprien would of been a much better pick IMO. Then get that center in round 2.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I was absolutely shocked they didnt go safety with that pick. Elam, Cyprien would of been a much better pick IMO. Then get that center in round 2.
    Well, that's a bit of hindsight as well. I would have liked to get one of those safeties but at the same time was it worth the risk of not getting a center to anchor a horrendous offensive line? We can look at it now and say it probably was likely that Frederick would be around in the 2nd, but there was no way of knowing then.

In the end I think Frederick will be a starter for the next few years, maybe even his career and that seems to be worth the late 1st rounder.

The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of value that we got in return for trading back. But in the end, I guess I can't complain too much about getting the combination Frederick and Terrance Williams in return.

Overall it just didn't seem like a tactful draft, but it seems like we may have gotten some solid contributors. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 05-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tabascocat View Post
    What tons of value and needs did we exactly give up though? There was no one left really. When it came to the 31st pick, they clearly went need over BPA. I like the pick, maybe he could have been there in the 2nd(probably not) but there was not much else to choose from.

I would have stayed at 18 and got the BPA(Floyd) but it is what it is. There is still quite a bit of talent left tomorrow, we have to get a safety at some point.
    You answered your own question.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

+ Reply to Thread