+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charles Davis and Brian Billick's Take on the Justin Pugh Pick

Charles Davis and Brian Billick's Take on the Justin Pugh Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    I watched about a minute, got sick and had to turn it off. What they were comparing him to in Gallery was true. I see him being moved inside to guard and don't see him holding up well with elite pass rushers at the next level on the edge. He'll be a good guard but 19th overall for a solid guard?

I JUST posted in another active thread that Gallery is the perfect comparison lol. He will play even smaller than Gallery since he is about 2-3 inches shorter as well so if he is indeed the future at OT, he is going to have to be flawless with his angles and footwork on the edge.

He likes "good" players, like he said. Smart, good as in above average, good character types. Well, Rhodes, Werner had no character concerns, i don;'t think they were dummies either. Why not draft a true mauler guard or even another versatile lineman from Bama' in Barett Jones, if he was looking for the DD or Seubert type to develop...he must see something in him, gotta trust the guy.

Clearly neither of them were impressed with the pick....you don't pass elite talent for a guy that was a project 2nd rounder that pretty much guaranteed to have to switch positions....I'm sorry homers, but truth is the truth

If they needed a guard to spell Snee I've of taken Warford over Pugh in a heartbeat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk-E-IhAB20

Here is an interview with him....He seems like a smart, high character guy.

I understand the Gallery comparison because of the short arms, and I agree that he will likely end up as a guard in the league, but Gallery has much slower feet than Pugh does. Pugh is technically speaking much more sound than Gallery who was more of a mauler.

Every evaluator will have different grades, I'm fine with Scout's Inc and Mayock grading him 21st and 24th respectively.

+ Reply to Thread